Lesser Spotted Eagles - Magnus and Maia Estonia 2019

Mary Jane

Re: Lesser Spotted Eagles - Magnus and Maia Estonia 2019

Post by Mary Jane »

Timea, I think I found Maili. I will post a video when it uploads.
Timea

Post by Timea »

Mary Jane wrote: August 11th, 2019, 12:26 pm Timea, I think I found Maili. I will post a video when it uploads.
That will be great!
Mary Jane

Post by Mary Jane »

So this is how it goes:
Maia spots her baby on a branch far away. She takes the leftover meat and flies to a branch closer to Maili. Then at 11:48:51 she flies to her baby girl, gives her the meat (I expect, because I can't see that far) and leaves at 11:49:49. The little dark spot that is Maili can be seen moving on the branch. At 11:50:23 I think she is preening.

Timea

Post by Timea »

Mary Jane wrote: August 11th, 2019, 12:50 pm So this is how it goes:
Maia spots her baby on a branch far away. She takes the leftover meat and flies to a branch closer to Maili. Then at 11:48:51 she flies to her baby girl, gives her the meat (I expect, because I can't see that far) and leaves at 11:49:49. The little dark spot that is Maili can be seen moving on the branch. At 11:50:23 I think she is preening.

For some reason it takes YT a long time to show better quality, I read it may take an hour. So right now it is not good to see the details.

Wonderful MaryJane, thank you very much, well spotted and let me show you what I saw, thinking it were Hooded Crows.
At the same place a dark bird sits and then from the back a lighter colour bird flies toward it :rotf:
It happened at 11.56

Timea

Post by Timea »

MaryJane, it was very good to see it all! And as far as I can see Maila still sits at the same place. I'm happy to know it is her and not a Hooded Crow :-)) thanks to you.
Mary Jane

Post by Mary Jane »

Hahaha. If I hadn't seen Maia fly to her, I'm sure I would have thought the same thing. :rotf:

I guess that was again our mama-bird at 11:56. :loveshower:
Timea

Post by Timea »

Again a parent with her, to bring food I hope.
Mary Jane

Post by Mary Jane »

Good to know, Timea! Thank you for keeping an eye on her. :thumbs:
Timea

Post by Timea »

Maila has left her branch, going back in time to try and see where she went.....
Timea

Post by Timea »

At 15.16 Eaglet Maili flapped her wings a few times, sat for a moment and at 15.17 she flew off the branch to the left of the frame, out of our sight.
You really need some imagination but here her left wing went up first, she made a little jump up and left.
Always can find it back at 15.17.04
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Mary Jane wrote: August 11th, 2019, 12:50 pm So this is how it goes:
A lovely video, I`m so glad you saw it, Mary Jane :loveshower:

16:00 - wing flapping and LSE call, AS if a bird flew off, Maili is nearby :thumbs:
16:02 - Call from a lenger distance.

Cranes are also calling.
Mary Jane

Post by Mary Jane »

Thank you, Timea and Lussi! I am so glad she is flying and enjoying her new found freedom. I hope we will see her again, but in case we don't, I wish her a safe and happy life. I am so grateful I got to share this forum space with all of you.
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Mary Jane wrote: August 11th, 2019, 4:05 pm Thank you! I am so glad she is flying and enjoying her new found freedom. I hope we will see her again, but in case we don't, I wish her a safe and happy life. I am so glad I got to share this forum space with all of you.
Your words are mine, Mary Jane! It has been a pleasure to join ALL of you nice people here, together with this beautiful LSE family.
I`m so grateful for all the reports, because I have not been able to watch as much as I would like this season - THANK YOU :bow:
Maili, I hope to see more of you, but if not, I wish you a happy and safe eagle life, and Maia and Magnus, too!

Maybe we meet again next year:-)
Timea

Post by Timea »

Mary Jane wrote: August 11th, 2019, 4:05 pm Thank you, Timea and Lussi! I am so glad she is flying and enjoying her new found freedom. I hope we will see her again, but in case we don't, I wish her a safe and happy life. I am so grateful I got to share this forum space with all of you.
Me too, it was an emotional but also a very wonderful experience. Lussi, IceAge, Summi, Tatyana and MaryJane, stay safe, I'm sure we'll meet at one of the other sites of Urmas. :wave: (and I'll keep this site open for a couple of days to see if maybe Eaglet will return to the nest.....)
IceAge

Post by IceAge »

Mary Jane, Sova,Tatyana, Timea and all other, many thanks for pictures, videos and informations. We see us.
It was a nice and exciting season. I wish Maili a happy and long life.
*Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.* Albert Einstein
IceAge

Post by IceAge »

August 12.

Hello,
the nest is empty.
*Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.* Albert Einstein
asteria

Post by asteria »

No translation.

Maili looks like a male, not a female eaglet.
Mary Jane

Post by Mary Jane »

I guess we have to ask the ringers for confirmation then. :nod: During the ringing Maili appeared to be female.
IceAge

Post by IceAge »

16:40

a squirrel on the left tree :mrgreen: .
Mary Jane

Post by Mary Jane »

Thanks for telling, IceAge! Squirrels always make me smile. :D

Just before 17.04 LSE voices. Sounds like Maili and one parent. I think she got food at 17.08.18, she makes that sound and the parent also stops calling. 17.10 the eagles are all quiet.

Return to “Lesser Spotted Eagle Webcam Forum”