Pictures and Information about White Storks

Ciconia ciconia
asteria

Re: Pictures and Information about White Storks

Post by asteria »

Due to Elishka(a young white stork female in Makov) now grey herons don't dare to appear in Makov because she immideately chases them off.

A new fawn was released yesterday near the pond. It was fed by Jirinka from the bottle.
sova

Post by sova »

asteria wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 9:06 am Due to Elishka(a young white stork female in Makov) now grey herons don't dare to appear in Makov because she immideately chases them off.

A new fawn was released yesterday near the pond. It was fed by Jirinka from the bottle.

:hi: Asteria .... what about Maruska, how is she? Maruska had no chicks that year, right?
It is very good the gray herons don't come, they were very aggressive.
I saw the little fawn and bottle yesterday, so cute.
Solo

Post by Solo »

sova wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 12:43 pm... .... what about Maruska, how is she? Maruska had no chicks that year, right? ...
:nod: (no white storklets this year in the RS)

Mr. Šejna wrote in the guest book RS Makov: Image

libor, makov - Wednesday, August 12, 2020
she got the last batch of "drips", but it's the same, she doesn't stand on her feet, she just leans on her. We may let her into the area, but the point is that she has much more peace in the aviary, here if something disturbs her, she has to "bounce" more than 200 meters to the end of the station and it probably won't add her, we'll see (GT without correction)

:wave:

(you see that? https://www.facebook.com/18211068522325 ... =3&theater)
sova

Post by sova »

Solo wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 1:14 pm ...
Oh yeah, poor Maruska, I'm so sorry for her. :sad:
:hi: Thanks Solo for the info!
Solo

Post by Solo »

sova wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 1:31 pm
:hi: Sova, you're welcome :wave:
asteria

Post by asteria »

A few days ago the nest of Honzik was dismantled and taken away. Honzik and Elishka anyway always spend nights in the pond, but I wonder where the nest was moved.
Solo

Post by Solo »

CZ, Rescue Sation Makov
asteria wrote: November 6th, 2020, 7:03 pm A few days ago the nest of Honzik was dismantled and taken away. Honzik and Elishka anyway always spend nights in the pond, but I wonder where the nest was moved.
:hi: Asteria,
reconstruction of the stork's nest took place this week - the old parts were taken away and the repaired "foundations" were left, which Honzík (perhaps even with Eliška) will then "equip and finish" according to his own ...
:wave:
sova

Post by sova »

Good Morning

Solo, asteria .... how is Maruska?
Solo

Post by Solo »

sova wrote: November 8th, 2020, 6:47 am
:hi: Sova, no news yet
sova

Post by sova »

Solo wrote: November 10th, 2020, 8:46 am ...
:hi: TY Solo
asteria

Post by asteria »

The nest is restored but Honzik and Elishka still sleep near the pond and don't use the nest.
asteria

Post by asteria »

Now the third gull in Makov became a victim. At 1.32.02 today it was carried away by an owl. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I dare to report, Mr. Chief Lieutenant, everything is in order. Only now the cat has misbehaved: it ate your canary. - How ?! - thundered the lieutenant. - I dare to report, Mr. Chief Lieutenant, that's how. I have known for a long time that cats do not like canaries and offend them. So I decided to introduce them better, and in case this beast tried to throw out some thing, shake it off so that until her death she remembered how to behave with canaries. I like animals a lot! Our hatmaker has learned his cat. At first she ate three canaries from him, and now she no longer eats any more, and the canary can at least sit on her. I also wanted to try, pulled the canary out of the cage and gave it to the cat to smell, and this ugly creature, before I had time to recover, bit off the canary's head. By God, I did not expect such rudeness from her! If it were, say, a sparrow, then I would not say anything, otherwise it’s a wonderful canary, hartsky! Yes, how greedily she ate, along with feathers, and grumbled at the same time with pleasure. They, cats, as they say, have no musical education, they don't digest the beasts when the canary sings, because they don't understand anything about it ... I scolded the cat properly, but, God forbid, I didn't touch it with my finger, and was waiting for you, how you decide this business, what to do with her, with this lousy ugly creature.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

asteria, :wave: it was a eagle owl.
asteria

Post by asteria »

Then it means that none of Makov inhabitants is now safe, even bigger ones. :cry: Eagle owls catch even healthy herons!
Solo

Post by Solo »

asteria wrote: December 5th, 2020, 1:54 pm
:bow:

Mr. Libor Šejna in Guest Book:
The seagull was actually caught at night by an eagle owl, during the station's existence it is the first proven eagle owl attack. We prefer to catch ducks, merganser and white heron today and temporarily lock them in an aviary, it is possible that the eagle owl will return.
asteria

Post by asteria »

Only tufted ducks were put in the aviary, Hubert is still on the pond.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Solo wrote: December 5th, 2020, 4:14 pm :bow:

Mr. Libor Šejna in Guest Book:
The seagull was actually caught at night by an eagle owl, during the station's existence it is the first proven eagle owl attack. We prefer to catch ducks, merganser and white heron today and temporarily lock them in an aviary, it is possible that the eagle owl will return.
Solo :hi: , that's good! The eagle owl will return for sure.
There is a good food availability. Can it be that there is little to eat in the vicinity? On the other hand, it is great to see the eagle owl. :2thumbsup:
sova

Post by sova »

Good evening

I'm so sorry for the seagull :sad: .... I watched her bathe the day before yesterday and yesterday.
I liked the little one very much ... it's so sad the whole thing
asteria

Post by asteria »

Liz01 wrote: December 5th, 2020, 8:58 pm Solo :hi: , that's good! The eagle owl will return for sure.
There is a good food availability. Can it be that there is little to eat in the vicinity? On the other hand, it is great to see the eagle owl. :2thumbsup:
The eagle owl probably was treated in Makov before and then released too close to the resque station. It is a smart bird and found the way back. In previous years a sparrowhawk and a tawny owl did the same.

Hope if ever any gull appears in Makov again, it will stay only near black pond in the summer and in the aviary in winter, like T&T. Open pond area is mortal for them: all the three ones died because of three different reasons.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

asteria, thanks for the information about the eagle owl! :2thumbsup:

Return to “White Storks”