https://t1.daumcdn.net/potplayer/beta/P ... etup64.exe

this is a bit mystical and not logical at all. :laugh:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

ame wrote: June 26th, 2021, 5:06 pm
https://t1.daumcdn.net/potplayer/beta/P ... etup64.exe

this is a bit mystical and not logical at all. :laugh:
it works :slap: :D :laugh:

thank you! :loveshower: first the portable version did not install the codex!
So I have installed the normal version! Now it works and I'm very happy! So I can go to the Baltic sea more than four hours! With VLC you can not split the files!

EDIT: it works on my Laptop too! What a great relief!
Sonchik

Post by Sonchik »

I wonder why I have no problems with the potplayer but do you have? :puzzled:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Sonchik wrote: June 27th, 2021, 12:19 am I wonder why I have no problems with the potplayer but do you have? :puzzled:
Youtube was blocking network streaming for Europeans
Sonchik

Post by Sonchik »

Liz01 wrote: June 27th, 2021, 6:34 am Youtube was blocking network streaming for Europeans
Oooooh! :shock: But why?
ame

Post by ame »

Sonchik, who knows why Youtube does things like that. Image

i'm so relieved now that the Potplayer can again open the YT stream. apparently the Youtube had changed some of their settings so that the P-player could not catch the stream anymore. now someone has made a correction for the P-player.

the VLC-player is generally considered to be one of the best players/recorders (if not the best) and the P-player is in the top 5. both can apparently do almost anything. the VLC is, however, much more sensitive to any smallest disturbances in the stream that it's capturing (either in the original transmission or the reception at the recorder's end or anywhere between them). when there's a disturbance the recording breaks. at worst times i had to restart the recording dozens of times with intervals of 10 s - 5 min before the stream stabilized. the Potplayer doesn't react to disturbances nearly as easily. it freezes for the duration of the break and continues recording when the stream continues. it will not stop altogether unless the break in the stream lasts for a minute or few. the P-layer is much more reliable.
ame

Post by ame »

i shall make a note here about the Potplayer version that is the best so far.
it's version 210729 (1-7-21526) (or 1.7.21526)

this version can record YT stream as long as there's free space on the hard disc. i tried once how long it will go and it went on till 73rd hour. then i had to restart the P-player for some reason. without restarting it would have gone on and on.

last night i found another great advantage. the J-E stream was turned off at 9 pm but i didn't turn off the P-player but left it recording the subsequent restarts which the stream tried to make. in the morning the stream started to run at 6 am again, and the P-player was ready to go on recording and started to work as if the stream had been on all the time! wow, that's great. :thumbs:

at the same time (yesterday) the P-player gave information that a new updated version was available for downloading. i downloaded it for testing in one of my computers. this new version has the 6 hour limit again: it will stop after 6 hours of recording. this is a worsening compared to the previous version. it's not worth downloading.

one can stop the P-player from giving information about new versions by opening Preferences -> General and selecting "never" in the "Autocheck for updates"-box. then click "Apply" and then OK.

two practical details to remember:
- one must remember to click the "split files"-box when starting to record. otherwise the P-player will record in one file. one hour of the J-E stream takes about 930 MBytes so even a few hours makes files so big that they are difficult to manage.
- another thing which one must remember is to select the folder where the recorded files will be stored. the original setting is a roaming directory which is normally invisible in the File manager. a few times i have had to do some serious digging when i have forgotten this and i had to find my recordings which had gone missing in the roaming directory.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Owlie wrote: November 16th, 2021, 10:17 am Not all LK memebers have Facebook account, therefore it is justifiable to share FB pictures in LK forum. But sharing LK posts on another forum is unnecessary as everybody has access to LK even without signing in. And sharing pictures and posts without permission in internet is not OK.
You are not a judge!

I didn't really want to comment on this because it is a complex topic.

The forum here is a public space, just like FB. So you can use the data.

There is the possibility of "fair use"

Factors for the evaluation of fair use
1. The purpose and nature of its use, including whether such use is more of a commercial nature or for educational nonprofit purposes
Courts typically focus on whether the use of the copyrighted material is “transformative” - that is, whether the original has just been copied, or whether the re-use gives the work a new meaning or meaning.

If protected content from a predominantly fact-based work is used, it is more likely to be classified as fair use than a completely fictional work.

and:
If the ability of the copyright owner to make a profit from his original work is restricted by the continued use of the protected content, it is unlikely to be classified as fair use. In the case of parodies, the courts have occasionally made an exception on this point.

So! No profit is made here, the "work" has not been changed. The data has been adopted and used.

The courts decided what a copyright infringement is.
Anne7

Post by Anne7 »

Liz01 wrote: November 16th, 2021, 2:39 pm
Liz :hi:

I suggest we do not discuss this 'case' here on the forum. As you say, copyright infringements are complex, and we are not experts or judges in the field.

There is indeed such a thing as 'fair use'.
Note the word 'fair'.
If someone systematically wishes to publish and/or use someone else's work, or components of it, it is a matter of courtesy, correctness and fairness 1. to ask for permission, 2. to include a link to the original work (the LK post), and 3. to add the correct and complete ©
One does not have to be a judge or an expert to understand that. It is sufficient for everyone to use their conscience and common sense, and to be attentive.

I have no problem with the 'fair' use of our tracker maps. On the contrary, I can only rejoice that well-intentioned and enthousiastic people make (occasional) 'fair' use of it!

I hope that the people involved realise that it would be better (and certainly less debilitating) for everyone to stop the 'unfair' use of material that does not belong to them. No one gets happier or better from an official complaint.

In any case, regardless of the outcome (if the issue were to persist), we could also omit publishing the tracker map links forever. What is not published cannot be "stolen".

It would be a great pity, though, if everyone who is interested in the tracker maps were to be unintentionally 'punished' in this way. (And that’s a lot of people. Julge’s tracker maps and Udu’s last tracker maps had hundreds of views.)
I sincerely hope that this measure will not be necessary.
“Clearly, animals know more than we think, and think a great deal more than we know.”
— Irene Pepperberg
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Anne7 wrote: November 16th, 2021, 4:57 pm Liz :hi:

I suggest we do not discuss this 'case' here on the forum. As you say, copyright infringements are complex, and we are not experts or judges in the field.

There is indeed such a thing as 'fair use'.
Note the word 'fair'.
If someone systematically wishes to publish and/or use someone else's work, or components of it, it is a matter of courtesy, correctness and fairness 1. to ask for permission, 2. to include a link to the original work (the LK post), and 3. to add the correct and complete ©
Anne, :hi:

I agree! in both cases! :nod:
I am not relying on the possibility of "fair use", I have no idea what that means in the most of cases!
So I ask for permission and I have the certainty that it is desired. Most of them are very happy you ask. I haven't had any negative experiences so far.
I wouldn't like it either if someone wrote that I shouldn't use their data and I do it because the possibility exists. That is disrespectful behavior.
I do not post a link about the options under "fair use". It's too boring for me and there is no guarantee that the right decisions will be made.
Topic finished :laugh:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

What's new on the internet? Tik Tok users not only steal your videos, they also steal your name and avatar
I found out by accident. I wanted to try a new search engine and came up with the name liznm.nu

then I found this: :slap:

I reported it and requested that this content be blocked. Luckily I didn't have to register, you can do it using a form.
https://www.tiktok.com/legal/report/feedback?lang=de

I think this is someone from Asia again. they are totally uninhibited. He also has a YT channel and is asking for donations :rant:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

I've been notified by members that my videos are now advertised!

I found this: :rant:
Right to Advertising
Less gratifying for users is that YouTube allows itself "to monetize all content on the platform and to display ads in videos from channels that do not participate in the YouTube partner program". This means that anyone who uploads videos and does not use their channel to advertise for sponsors or advertises, grants YouTube the right to switch on these commercials.

Many users are already familiar with this: there are pre-advertisements and break-up ads for numerous videos. This will soon also apply to private blogs or holiday videos, for example.

I use this since years! Adblock by YouTube - for chrome
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... pckk?hl=de

I reported the channel to youtube- is still available :slap: It's not me!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFugsa ... fwAw/about
ame

Post by ame »

this is really something! :slap: :faint:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

deleted .. problem solved
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Last time I will put it here! My Channel is not monetized!

I'm not a YouTube partner, so why am I seeing ads on my videos?

Ads may appear on your uploaded videos even if you haven’t monetized the videos yourself.

If your video contains content to which you don’t own all necessary rights, the rights holder may have chosen to place ads on it. YouTube may also place ads on videos in channels not in the YouTube Partner Program. Learn more on our blog.

take a look here!
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2475463?hl=en

It's out of my control! Youtube earns from me, not the other way around!

tuuli north =youtuber.. you are here too? I'm almost sure! Before you insult me, you should inquire about Youtube policies. I am not a YouTube partner. I can't change it OK.!

Here is the proof that I am not a Youtube partner. I meet the requirements for Youtube! But I don't own the videos! I would never make money from something that doesn't belong to me!!!

In the last 7 days, Youtube has earned 423 euros with my channel. I really don't like that! This is now the time when I don't have so many observers! In the season they earn much more. :banghead:

https://vidrepeat.com/youtube-money/liznm-net-worth/
ame

Post by ame »

i just got a new (2nd hand) pc two days ago and i had to begin to download my favourite programs in. i think it's best that i'll make notes of where i found useful versions.

video editor Solveig AVI Trimmer version solveigmm_avi_trimmer_5_0_1603_23.exe (May 30, 2017):
from this site i found a version which was not contaminated.
https://solveigmm-avi-trimmer.software. ... ownloading
versions from other sites the pc refused to execute because they were contaminated by something.
Audio waveforms file path setting is a roaming file which is normally invisible in file manager. this folder becomes full of useless carp which fills the hard drive in the end. it's best to change this file setting to something visible. then one can delete these files every now and then. (Tools -> Preferences -> Audio waveforms)

the video player/recorder Potplayer version 210729 (1.7.21526)
is the version which can record the stream endlessly as long as there's free space on the hard disk.
https://potplayer.en.softonic.com/support/v/210729
remember to make the recorder split files every 60 min, choose a nice filename prefix. bitrate 4000 kbdps (the default is 2000, but it's better to increase this so that it's possibly easier to read ring codes).
"check updates" OFF!!

MS Paint is the best! :thumbs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oT_59-AfC8o
besides MS Paint one can find here also all kinds of good old stuff for Windows:
https://win7games.com/

Windows Photo Viewer was replaced with new applications after Win-7 but is still lurking inside later operating systems. in some later systems it's easily made the default photo viewing application but it is slightly more difficult to retrieve it in Windows 11.
here in this tutorial video it's explained how to do it in different Windows operating systems. W-11 is the third and most difficult case, requiring more work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP66btiTuHk

my fascination in the older versions of everything is not only nostalgia or resistance to change. sometimes the old trick simply is better than a bagful of new ones. :laugh:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

ame, thank you! :2thumbsup: I think I will need it one day (my PC is too old for win 11 -Outdated hardware. :slap:
I had the same problem with my smartphone. Various apps no longer wanted to work on Android 8. here it is outdated software! It's a shame because it's fully functional! I made a mistake. I should have bought apple. There is software update for at least 10 years! I have a Android again)
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

I have discovered a new opportunity. You can turn back up to 4 hours in the Potplayer and then record original videos.

The good thing is, you can start anywhere within those 4 hours. so at the event. I don't have that in Youtube by Click. I always have 4 hours in total. This is sometimes annoying because the download takes so long

just drag the yellow line back to where you want to record

so we have to make only screen recording for events more than 4 hours ago

ame, I hope I wrote something really new here. Have you already documented it somewhere?
ame

Post by ame »

it took me this long to read what has been written here in a long time. sorry Liz, that i haven't commented your post earlier! :blush:

i'm puzzled about the picture that you posted there: i don't have the yellow line on my Potplayer- window. :puzzled:
how do you get the yellow line option there?
what version of P-player are you using? my version is an old one: 210729(1.7.21526), build date Jul 30 2021 13:38:38.
this version is handy because it will record on and on as long as there is space on the hard drive where the videos are saved (one must remember to split the files in reasonable lengths, for example 1 hour-pieces; otherwise one is in trouble in editing them). i think my record is well over 70 hours. :mrgreen:
other versions stop after 6 hours recording.

this re-wind possibility would be very handy for recording something that one does not usually record (for example ospreys or BS or WTE in Matsalu for me). for 'normal' use i open the stream in P-player and then record it all the time, 24/7 except in the winter time (and even then the stream is on all the time in the P-player and it begins recording the stream when the camera starts).
ame

Post by ame »

i learned a new thing about this possibility to rewind stream in Potplayer (or at least i learned something more). i re-installed in my secondary pc the Potplay version 2110729 but by accident the 64-bit version instead of the "ordinary" version. this 64-bit version has the possibility to rewind!

i made a test recording and noticed that this 64-bit version has one drawback though: it kept buffering a lot during recording. i was expecting to see continuous breaks in the delay-recorded video but surprise-surprise: the delayed recording was quite ok with no breaks.

this extra buffering went on also during live recording so this 64-bit version is not practical in normal use. for temporary use it's useful so i'll keep it installed for emergency use, but use the "normal" 32-bit version for every-day recording.

actually i don't know what is the real difference in the 32- and 64-bit versions and why the 64-bit version didn't work without buffering. maybe my pc is too old and slow to handle the 64-bit version. :whistling:

Return to “Questions and Help”