Black Stork Nest in Karula 2020

Cameras Watching over Black Storks nest
Michi

Re: Black Stork Nest in Karula 2020

Post by Michi »

The last pictures in daylight. Meanwhile it is completely dark.

Robert Tragesser

Post by Robert Tragesser »

Jo UK wrote: April 9th, 2020, 4:24 pm Someone on the nest. Kati? The maarkings are more like Karl II. See pictures on page 1.
Could be incubating an egg. Or two?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFIG5CtQNFY

I can't see a date/time stamp. Can anyone?
Jo, what's the point of having a YouTube stream if it's blocked by the owner? I've waited patiently for this live stream to finally come on-line, only for it to be blocked? What's the point? Does someone have control issues that prevent the stream from being shared, and isn't that the point of providing a nature live stream in the first place? Hoarding nature holds no place in this world, and it benefits no one who wants to learn freely.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Robert, I don't understand the nature of your problem. The youtube stream was working normally earlier this afternoon. Of course, it has been dark in Estonia for close to 2 hours now.
Please state the problem you have and I will try to find an answer.
Robert Tragesser

Jo UK wrote: April 9th, 2020, 10:41 pm Robert, I don't understand the nature of your problem. The youtube stream was working normally earlier this afternoon. Of course, it has been dark in Estonia for close to 2 hours now.
Please state the problem you have and I will try to find an answer.
Jo,

The nature of the problem is that the owner banned the YouTube stream from being embedded. I speak English only and unable to read cyrillic alphabets that are most frequent on the YouTube chat. Therefore, here in the U.S., we embed nature streams on our nature websites so we can have informative discussion forums in English among our groups. I hope I provided sufficient understanding while also providing perspective.

Robert
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

OK. I don't understand the Cyryllic text, either. This is an English language forum for the Estonian Nature Calendar.
If you want to embed the link you may need permission of Kotkaklubi. To that end I have contacted a member of Kotaklubi who may be able to provide an answer.
Robert Tragesser

Jo UK wrote: April 9th, 2020, 10:50 pm OK. I don't understand the Cyryllic text, either. This is an English language forum for the Estonian Nature Calendar.
If you want to embed the link you may need permission of Kotkaklubi. To that end I have contacted a member of Kotaklubi who may be able to provide and answer.
Jo,

I sincerely appreciate your assistance and understanding. I hold a bachelor's degree in biology and a master's degree in natural resource management. I also have my own nature website I administer in the U.S., where I have several live streams with discussion boards to share info and address questions that arise.

Equally important about my website is that I have no advertising whatsoever, so there's no monetizing of others' content. Instead, my sole commitment is providing viewers with opportunities to view, interpret and learn about wildlife collectively as a group without the distraction of advertisements. In the end, we just desire to view the black stork live stream through my website and hold informing discussions among us for this nesting season.
Robert
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Robert, are you able to embed other youtube links on your site, other than Kotkaklubi?
I don't know but I wondered if it is a Youtube requirement. Maybe they charge a fee to allow this? This is just speculation on my part. Wait for Kotkaklubi to give us the real answr.
Robert Tragesser

Jo UK wrote: April 9th, 2020, 11:13 pm Robert, are you able to embed other youtube links on your site, other than Kotkaklubi?
I don't know but I wondered if it is a Youtube requirement. Maybe they charge a fee to allow this? This is just speculation on my part. Wait for Kotkaklubi to give us the real answr.
Jo,

Yes, generally, unless the owner of a given stream disallows embedding.

I have many successful partnerships with other live stream owners who provide those streams via YouTube. If you take a quick perusing of my website, you will notice quickly what I'm indicating. I have partnerships, free-of-charge, with streamers from various locations in Europe and the U.S. by permission.

My website is https://naturechat.org/

Robert
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

I see that Netmaster has already given an explanation of this matter, on March 11, Grey Seal forum
viewtopic.php?p=713306#p713306
But that is for another camera. Here, we wait for Kotkaklubi.
Robert Tragesser

Jo UK wrote: April 9th, 2020, 11:37 pm I see that Netmaster has already given an explanation of this matter, on March 11, Grey Seal forum
viewtopic.php?p=713306#p713306
But that is for another camera. Here, we wait for Kotkaklubi.
Yes, Jo, I recall the above exchange, and it wasn't that long ago.

The operative aspect of it is monetizing. If Kotkaklubi established a monetizing agreement with YouTube, there's a valid reason. However, if a live stream provider doesn't want to monetize that's perfectly fine and doesn't require the viewership hours and minimum subscriber amounts.

In my view, if they want to raise funding for camera maintenance and related equipment and broadband expenditures, all that's required is to ask viewers for funding. Here in the U.S., we contribute willingly to help maintain live streams from season to season, as we're well aware that there are costs involved. I'm confident that viewers of Kotkaklubi's live stream offerings would gladly do the same if only they were presented with the option of donating.

Robert
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Hi robert. I really don't know if money is involved in this

However, this is how we fund-raise.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=993

And here
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=860.

and yes, members and other viewers do donate. :thumbs:
Urmas

Post by Urmas »

Hi Robert,
good work you do with wildlife promoting!
Eagle Club provides live stream from Black Stork nest since 2007 and there was never problems with embedding of our stream into other sites. It was always permitted, but as good custom, would be great to get information about using of our streams in other web sites. Our aim is to influence more people and turn their decisions slightly to be more environmental friendly, as well as considering those species' natural requirements they can see through cameras. Therefore we had nearly ten years ago cross-border project with Latvian colleagues and I'm very much satisfied with their success with nest cameras since that. Seems, the same with you.
In current case you speak about, there was probably one tick not put in place. Hope it works now for your success! Please check if Black Stork cam is useful for you! We use YouTube for streaming not long time, so some adaptation still goes on... And Black Stork stream just started today PM. Not everything is ready just from beginning.
Robert Tragesser

Urmas wrote: April 10th, 2020, 12:28 am Hi Robert,
good work you do with wildlife promoting!
Eagle Club provides live stream from Black Stork nest since 2007 and there was never problems with embedding of our stream into other sites. It was always permitted, but as good custom, would be great to get information about using of our streams in other web sites. Our aim is to influence more people and turn their decisions slightly to be more environmental friendly, as well as considering those species' natural requirements they can see through cameras. Therefore we had nearly ten years ago cross-border project with Latvian colleagues and I'm very much satisfied with their success with nest cameras since that. Seems, the same with you.
In current case you speak about, there was probably one tick not put in place. Hope it works now for your success! Please check if Black Stork cam is useful for you! We use YouTube for streaming not long time, so some adaptation still goes on... And Black Stork stream just started today PM. Not everything is ready just from beginning.
Urmas,

Thank you very much for replying and adjusting the setting on the YouTube stream. Your live stream works perfectly now with embedding.

I also promote the environment and encourage protecting natural habitats and spaces. We owe it to humankind and their future beyond ours. I honor you and Estonia for working toward better environmental conditions, as I do others in the European community as well. Globally, our goal is the same.

Yes, the Latvia camera projects have been a success. They are doing very well in showing the world what species will be lost with habitat destruction. I only wish there was more awareness with all countries.

Robert
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

April 10

Good Morning all :hi:

5:48 He is stretching his wings and sings

Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

5:53 settles down in his moss bed :innocent:

6:03 he stands up and is digging in the moss bed.

is stretching out wing and leg (He looks like Karl II )
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

6:13 he is singing nice

6:14 still singing

video is cut. early morning stretching and singing- settles in nest- cut- singing again
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

6:24 He sings short and lays branches to another place
6:26 is poking in the nest bowl

6:31 preening :innocent:

times I write down are Estonian times.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

6:34 he is singing again

6:39 preening and waiting

6:41 he dived to the ground. there are the branches :laugh:

Liz01