Black Stork Nest in Karula 2020

Cameras Watching over Black Storks nest
sova

Re: Black Stork Nest in Karula 2020

Post by sova »

asteria wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 3:34 pm and then Karl II without a transmitter flies in and the tagged one will be renamed in Karl III
asteria :rotf:
Heloise

Post by Heloise »

sova wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 4:55 pm asteria :rotf:
:laugh:
Tatiana60

Post by Tatiana60 »

Dear friends from different countries who have gathered and will appear here again ! :wave:
Dear Urmas, I am looking forward to receiving messages and photos about how the nest overwintered, and I am looking forward to opening a new topic about the nest 2021 and the video camera "Black Storks 2021". I wish you and your entire team good health and good luck in the 2021 season!
Happy spring to all of you! Happy new season! (It is not for nothing that since ancient times the Slavs celebrated and many peoples of the globe still celebrate the day of the spring equinox (this year - 21.03.2021) as the beginning of the new year...)
Marcos

Post by Marcos »

Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Hello Tatiana60.

Welcome back. Let's hope it won't be long now, then we can begin the 2021 with season.
asteria

Post by asteria »

Cos all of the stars

Are fading away

Just try not to worry

You'll see them some day

Take what you need

And be on your way

And stop crying your heart out
Tatiana60

Post by Tatiana60 »

asteria wrote: March 25th, 2021, 4:37 pm Cos all of the stars
Are fading away...

Yes, to learn about the death of Karula is a great tragedy for all of us... :shock: What can be said and done here :unsure: ? ... We can only be sad... :cry: Let's live with hopes for the return of Edie, Karl II and Kaya...
balistar

Post by balistar »

Marcos wrote: March 24th, 2021, 3:05 pm [url]https://youtu.be/Z-NAmHhPVSU[ /url] :loveshower:
Thank you, Marcos, for the poignant video, which brings back all memories and at the same time raises hopes for a wonderful new season :thumbs:
Florinda

Post by Florinda »

Hello to all observers. Only today I learned about the death of a little karula - very, very sorry. :cry:
Life continues, waiting for the return of Karl II.
Dogmami

Post by Dogmami »

Jo UK wrote: March 24th, 2021, 5:20 pm Hello Tatiana60.

Welcome back. Let's hope it won't be long now, then we can begin the 2021 with season.
Do you know is there going to be webcam this year? I hope so. Thanks!
Swenja

Post by Swenja »

Hello bird friends
Black storks are very wonderful birds and so vulnerable in this dangerous world. I am very sad about Karula!

I wonder if we can see a Karl II with a transmitter this year or if this transmitter tricked us and didn't even record Karl II's path? But maybe we will also see a completely different black stork. Who knows!

See you! :wave:
Freedom!
Triin

Post by Triin »

Dogmami wrote: March 30th, 2021, 11:57 am Do you know is there going to be webcam this year? I hope so. Thanks!
Yes, the black stork cam will be on www.youtube.com/kotkaklubi channel soon.
Dogmami

Post by Dogmami »

Triin wrote: March 31st, 2021, 9:47 am Yes, the black stork cam will be on www.youtube.com/kotkaklubi channel soon.
Thank you! :wave:
icechips

Post by icechips »

Tried to look at the new YouTube link but it's telling me a private link and to sign in. Hopefully this is because it is not working yet. I stumbled across the storks about 5 years ago and have looked in on them every year since then. I like watching them, because even if I am working, I live in the United States and I can watch in my evening. Hopefully we will have a mating pair who will bring us joy watching baby storks grow. :loveshower:
icechips

Post by icechips »

On the bird tracker... what does it mean if the last time one of the storks are listed is January or February? Could it be that they lost the transponder or something worse. Hope it's nothing worse. The last time Karl II checked in was my birthday in January.
asteria

Post by asteria »

icechips wrote: April 3rd, 2021, 5:53 am On the bird tracker... what does it mean if the last time one of the storks are listed is January or February? Could it be that they lost the transponder or something worse. Hope it's nothing worse. The last time Karl II checked in was my birthday in January.
The latest data from Karl II appeared yesterday, he is in Romania:
https://www.looduskalender.ee/forum/vie ... 60#p786460
Triin

Post by Triin »

icechips wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 9:20 pm Tried to look at the new YouTube link but it's telling me a private link and to sign in. Hopefully this is because it is not working yet...
There will be a new link when the camera starts. It will be on www.youtube.com/kotkaklubi channel.
The camera is installed on the nest, but no connection yet.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

April 6th

Hi everyone! :hi: Anne .. the season starts :laugh:

camera is working! Thank you Triin! :loveshower:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R85D9UivLlc
Treia

Post by Treia »

Hello to Karula-Forest!

Thanks for the information :D
I wish our black storks a good and lucky season!
Robert Tragesser

Post by Robert Tragesser »

Since Karl's transmitter shows he's in Romania, and the distance from Romania to Estonia is about 1,400 Km, Karl should hopefully return to the nest in the next 2 weeks. I suggest as much since black storks migrate between 100 Km to 250 Km per day, and are sometimes known to fly as much as 500 Km per day. It will be interesting to understand Karl's rate of travel, and whether he's going to be leisurely or aggressive about returning to the nest for another season.

Return to “Black Stork Camera Forum”