Estonian Osprey Nest (Marko & Miina) 2021

Gavril

Re: Estonian Osprey Nest (Marko & Miina) 2021

Post by Gavril »

Hello, dear friends of the osprey. :hi: Thank you all for your faithful participation in the life of the Marko and Miina family.

It is a pity that we are deprived even of the "empty nest syndrome". :unsure:

So, see you next season (I hope that it will take place).

We wish you a good journey, return in the spring and good luck to the whole wonderful M family!
:wave:
sova

Post by sova »

Birdfriend wrote: August 28th, 2021, 2:11 pm Is that not satisfying for you...? :mrgreen:
mogga wrote: August 28th, 2021, 2:37 pm °°°
sova, Berit, Birdfriend :wave:

No! Empty nest syndrome / No stream syndrome :cry: :laugh:
You two are good! :rotf:
sova

Post by sova »

Birdfriend wrote: August 28th, 2021, 2:59 pm ...
sova, mogga, Hellem, Heloise, I wish you all a good health and a good time during the "off season". Take care of you! :wave:
Gavril wrote: August 28th, 2021, 4:05 pm ...
We wish you a good journey, return in the spring and good luck to the whole wonderful M family!
Birdfriend, Gavril....Stay healthy, have a good time and hopefully in the next season.

mogga, Heloise....it was a pleasure to document the ospreys with you two ... are happy (it was a good season - let's hope so)

Hellem .... it was a great pleasure * to work * with you, like every year
Do you remember Sulev feeding little Sulvi? :rotf:
Do you remember Tönn and Tiiu, little Teet :rolleyes:
3 years Miina and Marko
.... surely you remember ....

I'll read you again for sure, but anyway, I would like to wish you a nice, good time too ... stay healthy and take care of yourself.

I hope I haven't forgotten anyone
mogga

Post by mogga »

°°°
sova wrote: August 28th, 2021, 4:55 pm Do you remember Sulev feeding little Sulvi? :rotf:
:mrgreen:

But the chick also got a few nibbles :D
Heloise

Post by Heloise »

sova wrote: August 28th, 2021, 4:55 pm Birdfriend, Gavril....Stay healthy, have a good time and hopefully in the next season.

mogga, Heloise....it was a pleasure to document the ospreys with you two ... are happy (it was a good season - let's hope so)
Dear sova, your words make my heart warm! It was very nice and fun with to be here with you, Hellem, mogga, Birdfriend :rolleyes:
I'm glad I had the opportunity to "work" some time in your nice M-team! :rolleyes:

I hope that our nice Marko and Miina will make us happy again!
It's a pity we can't follow their journey... but maybe we would worry even more then.

We will definitely meet next season!
mogga, Birdfriend, Gavril, so nice to read your kind words!

Be all happy and stay healthy!

Hellem

Post by Hellem »

sova, mogga, Birdfriend, Heloise, Gavril :D :2thumbsup: :wave:

See you next season right here!
IceAge

Post by IceAge »

Thanks to all of you. Hopefully we will see each other again next season :wave:
*Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.* Albert Einstein
Sirage

Post by Sirage »

sova wrote: August 28th, 2021, 8:03 am 28. August

Good morning dear friends, family M

mogga, you said it well :D ... now it is probably over. Just like Ivo and Iiri's camera, our camera is no longer listed on Kotkaklubi. But I would have liked to know how long the Marko stayed there ... or how long Ivo and Iiris would have looked after the three.
I'm sorry but I have to say now; it's a shame that everything is subordinated to the BS. It seems to me, how the two cameras (ospreys) do not exist ...

It's a pity that these cameras stopped working so early :( We are not able to know what happened on the nests the rest of the season.

I'll be here again in the next spring time. Take care of yourselves and stay healthy. And of course thank you all :2thumbsup:
Heloise

Post by Heloise »

IceAge, Sirage, thank you for your kind words!
Sirage wrote: August 29th, 2021, 5:51 pm It's a pity that these cameras stopped working so early :( We are not able to know what happened on the nests the rest of the season.
Yes, I feel the same...

See you next spring!
All the best!
sova

Post by sova »

02. September

Hello osprey friends :hi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gZpC1mQFWs
Since we no longer have a camera, I look at other nests
I just took these pictures. An aggressive raven :shock: attacked ospreys, threw them out of the nest and finally got the fish.
What scared me personally is the difference, almost no difference in size between raven and osprey.
That could happen to us ... I hope not

all right, I've removed pictures
sova

Post by sova »

I've removed pictures
sova

Post by sova »

I've removed pictures
Bea

Post by Bea »

☼ ☼ ☼

Hello :hi:

I see that suffering from "empty-nest-syndrome" happens here, a common disease at this time of the LK-season :whistling:

No problem when you put a link to a still active nest elsewhere here - but please pictures, observations and more have to take place in the appropriate topic, in this case the topic for Osprey nests in Finland

https://www.looduskalender.ee/forum/vie ... f=26&t=668

Thank you :wave:
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
mogga

Post by mogga »

°°°
Bea :hi:
Bea wrote: September 2nd, 2021, 8:49 pm I see that suffering from "empty-nest-syndrome" happens here, a common disease at this time of the LK-season :whistling:
Regardless of the empty nest syndrome: The failure of the Osprey cameras already at the end of August is very sad for all osprey fans.

Please use whatever influence you may have as a team of moderators and put in a good word for us with the hardworking and tireless ornithologists and technical staff. 🙏
Bea

Post by Bea »

☼ ☼ ☼

I tried to contact Triin from Kotkaklubi, who takes care of the YouTube channels, and ask for some explanation about drop-out of both Osprey cams, but she has not even fetched her PM until now. Most likely everyone is already busy with autumnal duties in the annual course of ornithologists´ tasks.

Meanwhile both placeholders for our osprey cams have vanished from LK mainpage, so I fear we have to call the season as definitely over now, with no hope of a return for the last days :faint:
sova

Post by sova »

Bea wrote: September 6th, 2021, 12:21 pm ...
Meanwhile both placeholders for our osprey cams have vanished from LK mainpage, so I fear we have to call the season as definitely over now, with no hope of a return for the last days :faint:
Thanks Bea ... we know all that!
Idea is; it would be nice, if somebody would cast an eye or two on these two cameras more often next year.

It is as beautiful as the BS cameras work or always be made to work ......
Bea

Post by Bea »

sova wrote: September 6th, 2021, 12:43 pm Thanks Bea ... we know all that!
Idea is; it would be nice, if somebody would cast an eye or two on these two cameras more often next year.

It is as beautiful as the BS cameras work or always be made to work ......
Sova :hi:

Why do you think that nobody "has an eye" on the osprey cams? Usually the responsibles know quite quick themselves when a cam stream fails - also here, not only on the BS cams, as you mention.

But not every transmission failure has the same reason and can be restored remotely, by clicking the right button on the PC at home.

It happened often in the past, when I asked Urmas after some days of osprey camera drop-outs whether he already knows when the cam will be streaming again, that I got the answer that he was already two or three times at nest site to localize the defect and find out what can be done. But unfortunately no quick solution could be found. Apart from that Miina & Marko´s nest is not accessible that easy, in a wet and swampy surrounding.

I know it is frustrating to loose a cam stream during the season, but I really wish all could give the responsibles the credit to know that they do what they can and as quick as they can. And to accept that all good attempts are sometimes in vain instead to impute that there is lack of interest to do more :sad:
sova

Post by sova »

Bea wrote: September 6th, 2021, 1:56 pm ....

I know it is frustrating to loose a cam stream during the season, but I really wish all could give the responsibles the credit to know that they do what they can and as quick as they can. And to accept that all good attempts are sometimes in vain instead to impute that there is lack of interest to do more :sad:

Thanks Bea for the answer .... my two posts can also be interpreted as ... everyone as he wants. I don't want to put every word of mine on the scales first.
I think the two of us will never speak the * same language *
It was a great time, these three years with Marko and Miina.

Bea

Post by Bea »

sova wrote: September 6th, 2021, 2:42 pm Thanks Bea ...
I think the two of us will never speak the * same language *
What a pity ...
mogga

Post by mogga »

°°°
Bea wrote: September 6th, 2021, 12:21 pm ...
sova wrote: September 6th, 2021, 12:43 pm ...
Sometimes the reason is a bit of both. I believe what you say, Bea. I have never had the impression that Urmas or any of the other ornithologists do not listen to our concerns. It is also in their own interest that the webcams are running.
When you look at what has been achieved in Estonia over the years, you can only take your hat off and say thank you. :2thumbsup:

But I also understand sova's disappointment. I am also disappointed. I can live with the relatively early end of the osprey cameras, anything can happen, that's just the way it is. We also know that there are always failures, for example because there were not enough hours of sunshine and other possibilities.

What irritates me a bit is that both cameras are down (there was still a lot going on at Ivo and Iiri's nest) and no one says a word about it. :unsure:

Anyway, let's hope we can observe ospreys again next spring. I could also watch the black storks, but the ospreys have just grown on me. Besides, I find them funnier! :D

I found a cartoon on my PC that you had posted once, Bea, and with that I say goodbye to the Marko and Miina thread for this year.

Return to “Osprey Webcam Forum”