Estonian White-tailed Sea Eagle Nest Camera 2022

Webcam Watching over White-tailed Eagles nest

Moderator: ame

Susanne

Re: Estonian White-tailed Sea Eagle Nest Camera 2022

Post by Susanne »

@Sappheira:

"by Urmas » March 1st, 2022, 3:46 pm
There was a question about right leg ring numbers of E321. It is M1201 in right leg."
She was ringed by Renno Nellis in 2015.
Sappheira

Post by Sappheira »

16:39
couple

Sappheira

Post by Sappheira »

Susanne, yes, I read, and these photos are just a fixation of the fact that this is the same bird. :wave:
16:40

The male tail

Susanne

Post by Susanne »

17:12: A male eagle lands in the nest, he descends from above, I haven't heard a landing sound (sorry...). He looks around, and this time I think it was a male with light eyes. :innocent: And he departs quickly: no one there ...
@Sappheira: :thumbs: The more good pics of the tails we have, the better!
IceAge

Post by IceAge »

17:12
the male flies off

17:20
*our* male comes

17:23
female lands on the right branch and male hops to her
*Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.* Albert Einstein
IceAge

Post by IceAge »

17:24
the stranger

17:37
mating
*Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.* Albert Einstein
Sappheira

Post by Sappheira »

17:24
Again, all three are in the nest area.
17:25
A single eagle flew off to the right of the nest, flying off the branch.

Susanne

Post by Susanne »

17:23: The" merry-go-round" gains speed now:
Our pair arrives, first in on the nest: the male, joined by the ringed Lady, duet.
17:24: Both perch on the poop branch, a third eagle arrives and perches on a branch at the right. Duet!!!
17:25: The stranger departs. At first sight, he seemed a bit spottier to me?
17:26: The third eagle returns. Some calls from the pair on the branch. But not very engaged calls, this third eagle doesn't seem to be of great concern.
- Looking at your pics, Sappheira, I'd say the beak looks darker, too. This would fit the "more spotty" impression I had. So maybe this is one of the younger visitors.

17:43: The ringed Lady utters some calls, departs, followed by the male.
Sappheira

Post by Sappheira »

17:37
The moment of mating seems to be successful.

IceAge

Post by IceAge »

17:43
the couple flies away.
Sappheira

Post by Sappheira »

Susanne wrote: March 17th, 2022, 5:40 pm - Looking at your pics, Sappheira, I'd say the beak looks darker, too. This would fit the "more spotty" impression I had. So maybe this is one of the younger visitors.
It is very difficult to distinguish between two males when they arrive one at a time, even in a photo it is difficult to compare. Only by the tails and we can immediately determine if they show it. :whistling:
Susanne

Post by Susanne »

*sigh* my stream broke again right in the middle of all this. Can I sue the internet provider for promises they cannot keep? :rant:
Sappheira, yes, but it's not only the tails. We've had quite a lot of younger visitors here, you also have to take the behaviour of the pair into account. I don't think they would have happily mated if number 3 at the time had been a serious competitor/threat.

18:02:32: An eagle perches on a branch at the right.
Susanne

Post by Susanne »

18:13:22: Our amber-eyed male arrives in the nest.
18:17: on the poop branch, departure.

18:37: eagle calls, one voice.
18:43: The pair arrives on the poop branch, duet.
18:46: Duet.
18:47: The male hops into the nest and begins to call, the female joins, duet - a third eagle circles over the meadow, 18:47:42: High-pitched calls by the third.
plus cranes .
18:48: Duettino on the poop branch.
18:54: Some "whining" calls (low creaking voice) from the ringed Lady. There might be faint high-pitched calls from the distance.
18:56: The male is in the nest, hops back onto the poop branch. The ringed Lady utters some more 'whining' calls.
19:02: She hops to a lower branch on the right. (I have the impression that she is a little "fed up" and has had enough for today But this is my personal interpretation, I'll try to find out more about those "whining" calls later.)
Susanne

Post by Susanne »

19:08: He joins the ringed Lady on the lower branch, calls. Are they mating on that branch?
Sappheira

Post by Sappheira »

for me it is an unfamiliar bird. I'm trying to at least understand if it's the same eagles coming in or random birds flying by, continuing to look for another nest. At the beginning of March, there was another eagle with Lady. Now this one seems to be entrenched in a pair. I hope everything will become clearer when the female sits on the eggs.

18:56
Quiet female voice.

Susanne

Post by Susanne »

@Sappheira: Well, I also try to understand which is which and who is who. And I am most certainly not free from making mistakes stating too early: this is her mate/this is not her mate. Yes, we have already witnessed a change of partner here regarding the ringed Lady. I was not aware tonight that the eagle accompanying her could be, as you stated: an unfamiliar eagle. If it were so, that might explain her "whining calls". On the other hand, I found the duetting rather convincing. But not the mating attempt on the lower branch. :puzzled: We'll have to wait until tomorrow, so we can reassess tonight's event.
Sappheira

Post by Sappheira »

Yes, we'll wait tomorrow.

And I'm wondering if there is any other difference between the female and the male besides size. The female is larger. But you can see it when they are next to each other. And plumage - whether the plumage of a young eagle differs from an elderly one.
IceAge

Post by IceAge »

March 18.

Good morning,

05:41
WTE to hear.

06:42
no WTE but a blue tit :laugh:

08:45
male comes
Susanne

Post by Susanne »

07:38: A male arrives at the nest. (Thin ankles, light !!! eyes), seems to be startled a little by something (YT-chat says, they heard another eagle land in the tree) and leaves to the right.

08:45: A male arrives at the nest. Amber eyes, a small black rim at one of the tail feathers: I think this is the ringed Lady's mate(= second mate this season). Stays on the nest until 09:05.

09:20: The pair arrives, flight calls, then duet on the nest. The ringed Lady and her amber-eyed mate, the same male as the one at 08:45. Both leave at 09:25.

around 09:45: Camera is turned off. 09:47: Camera is back.
Susanne

Post by Susanne »

10:00 ff: A jay I think.
10:02 ff: A buzzard.

10:18: The pair arrives at the nest, the ringed Lady is first in, the male needs a kind of second attempt to properly jump into the nest. A lot of calling and duetting, she lies down in the nest, he stands beside her, but both are vigilant and get long necks, a third one must be around.
10:20: Both depart, high-pitched calls in the sky accompany their departure. Off to the left.

Return to “White-tailed Eagles Camera Forum”