Suggest Names for Karula '22 Black Stork chicks

Cameras Watching over Black Storks nest
Hellem

Re: Suggest Names for Karula '22 Black Stork chicks

Post by Hellem »

I agree with madlaa, there are no Estonian words or names with X or W at all, storklets of the K family could have names with the letter K
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Yes, Hellem. Of course, and that has been our habit in earlier years. How many K names remain unused, I wonder? But we are sailing along with this way for now. As Juta said - any options are welcome.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Hellem wrote: July 23rd, 2022, 11:51 pm I agree with madlaa, there are no Estonian words or names with X or W at all, storklets of the K family could have names with the letter K
I would also like them to have Estonian names. I also wished a nice name for Bonus. Bonus is not a name for me.
Treia

Post by Treia »

My name suggestion for Bonus and letters V, W, X, for example :

Bonus (Karl II's nest))
Bono (Eedis nest)

Vicco
Wito
Xeno
sova

Post by sova »

I also agree with madlaa, Hellem and Liz that the Karls / Kaias *kids* get names with K and Bonus with J...Bonus isn't a name for me either
juta
Site Admin

Post by juta »

I did overview of the given names in previous years. As you can see we gave names with K only once at 2016. In other years we gave names by letter on the ring
This year name "Bonus" were given spontaneously and members have used it for a long time(also this is used on LK page). I don´t see the reason to find something else.

Kalli
Kulla
Killu

709U - Uno
715T - Tali
715U - Usin

7161 PÄIKE
7162 KARULA
7163 MARU

716A - ARU
716O - ORU

716 P - Pikne
716 T - Tuul
716 U - Udu

Edit. Most of these are not which are used for humans. We looked for genderfree ones.
Proud member of SHoW (StorkaHolics of the World)
bigfan

Post by bigfan »

juta wrote: July 24th, 2022, 9:36 am I did overview of the given names in previous years. As you can see we gave names with K only once at 2016. In other years we gave names by letter on the ring
This year name "Bonus" were given spontaneously and members have used it for a long time(also this is used on LK page). I don´t see the reason to find something else.

:nod:
juta
Site Admin

Post by juta »

Another example from Black storks II (J/J)

7181 Julge
7182 Malbe
7183 Tasane
Proud member of SHoW (StorkaHolics of the World)
sova

Post by sova »

juta wrote: July 24th, 2022, 10:04 am .....
all right, Juta...I understand
balistar

Post by balistar »

Thank you, juta, for the overview :thumbs:

juta wrote: July 24th, 2022, 9:36 am ...
i agree, i like the name Bonus, it expresses exactly what happened.
If Urmas hadn't rescued the remaining chicks from the JJ nest, they wouldn't have survived.

As such, they are a "Bonus" for Estonia and for all of us who observe these Black Storks with love and devotion.
It is precisely for this reason that the name "Bonus" was suggested and very happily accepted by many of us.
Nala

Post by Nala »

Balistar and Juta, I agree with you.

I also think Bonus is a good name, it was a spontaneous choice and a good choice.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

balistar wrote: July 24th, 2022, 11:36 am ..........As such, they are a "Bonus" for Estonia and for all of us who observe these Black Storks with love and devotion..
At the begin I accepted the name too, but I've thought that the names are temporary.
Jan and Janikas chicks deserved nicer names. But there's no arguing about taste.

BTW: so those who want a different name don't love black storks? That's an interesting conclusion
balistar

Post by balistar »

Liz01 wrote: July 24th, 2022, 1:21 pm ...
BTW: so those who want a different name don't love black storks? That's an interesting conclusion
Liz, please read again my sentences:
balistar wrote: July 24th, 2022, 11:36 am ...
As such, they are a "Bonus" for Estonia and for all of us who observe these Black Storks with love and devotion.
It is precisely for this reason that the name "Bonus" was suggested and very happily accepted by many of us.
I didn't say that and didn't meant it. It is your personal conclusion.

Anyway, each of us is allowed to give his proposal for a name and as usual in a democracy, the majority will decide on the names on the name poll, let's wait...
Francesca_V

Post by Francesca_V »

Balistar, Nala,
Yes, the fourth chick IS Bonus and should stay so. :thumbs:
Anne7

Post by Anne7 »

:hi:
Because it is simply impossible to give all storklets an Estonian name this year (no W- and no X-words)
Because the spoken language on this forum is English
Because the names do not have to be real (people's) names but can also be words which - for example - may express a quality we wish for them

I propose:

V: Vigor* (meaning: mental and physical strength, good health, and also energy, and enthusiasm)
W: Wise (meaning: clever, showing knowledge, sensibility and good judgement)
X: Iks (as astelpaju suggested)
Xeno, Xeni, Xenas and similar... would be fine with me too.

* Edit: I would like to change Vigor into Vigo, please. 8-)
”… As a name, it couldn't be more vigorous. Strong, healthy, and full of energy …”

And yes, please let's keep the name Bonus. It's been chosen spontaneously and has been used a lot now, including by LK and Urmas himself.
Since tastes differ, it's anyway impossible to find a name that everybody likes.
“Clearly, animals know more than we think, and think a great deal more than we know.”
— Irene Pepperberg
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

sova wrote: July 24th, 2022, 8:58 am ...and Bonus with J...Bonus isn't a name for me either
Bonus reminds me of the people who go shopping and show their bonus booklet :slap:
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

What is a bonus booklet?
Francesca_V

Post by Francesca_V »

Treia wrote: July 24th, 2022, 8:50 am My name suggestion for Bonus and letters V, W, X, for example :

Bonus (Karl II's nest))
Bono (Eedis nest)
We had before Bonus, Plus and Extra for the chicks of JJ's nest. Extra died and Plus is on Eedi's nest.
Nala

Post by Nala »

It's going to be fun again, here we go again! :shake: :bow:
Francesca_V

Post by Francesca_V »

My name suggestions are

Viiko
Waalo
Xeni

(Also Vicco, Walo and Xeno would be fine.)

Return to “Black Stork Camera Forum”