Moderator: ame

ame

Re: Adding images

Post by ame »

thank you Felis for this information!! :headroll: :bow: :loveshower:

i hope this will help to recover at least some of our pictures. :2thumbsup:
Biker

Post by Biker »

i would like to see more pictures of other members bigger sized. for those who are interested: the code for clickable photos

[img]LinkToThePictureInForumRecommendedSize[/img]
*Please don't feed the trolls!*
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

I have been using Picr for some time now, works great. One thing I don't understand is:
If I don't log in the uploaded pictures are automatically resized to 800px. But when I log in and upload a picture it remains large.
Can somebody explain that?
ame

Post by ame »

i'm making a test. i logged myself out of picr.de. then i uploaded a picture in the largest possible size 1280 px (i selected the size first; it was originally 800 px which i my normal size.)

then i selected 800 px wide. the result is smaller.

then 160 px:
ame

Post by ame »

then i logged in and uploaded the same picture with my normal size setting 800 px:

then with the max-size setting 1280:
btw: in this picture there's a bald eagle on the left and long-haired eagle on the right. :mrgreen:

Marfo, what are your size settings? the size of the resulting picture seems to depend on the selection.
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

Thanks Ame, the point is that when I log in I get a different page. There is only the code to copy. I can't find where I can set the picture size. I am probably blind.

ame

Post by ame »

i think you need to select the size before upload because they'll do the resizing while the upload takes place.
i think that it is irrelevant in which order you select the picture file (the green ellipse) and the size (red rectangle).
when you click the little triangle in the right end of the size line a pop-up menu with size alternatives opens. select the size and only after then click "upload starten" in the bottom of the page."

when i logged in after i had taken the above picture the size selection was what it had been on the previous log-in (when i uploaded the BIG eagle picture last). i had to change it back to 800 before i uploaded this picture:
i added here the information given by Marfo in the following post.
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

Thank you Ame, for your answer.
I see now that I am blind indeed... I have clicked everything on that page except:

Zusätzliche Optionen ausblenden

Than the options appear... :slap:

Well hopefully these posts will help people who are struggling with picr.
ame

Post by ame »

i have opened that page ages ago and i had forgotten that one had to separately open that Zusätzliche Optionen ausblenden. i think i have clicked through everything then and tried to figure out what all the things there mean.
there is also in small letters: "Picr merkt sich die letzte Einstellung automatisch." = "Picr will automatically remember your your last settings."
it means that if you set the parameters right they will stay that way. :D

great that you got it working Marfo! :thumbs:
i agree: hopefully this will be useful to others, too. :nod:
ame

Post by ame »

new development from the Bucket's side. i got this 'special offer' my e-mail:
photobucket offers

Hello ,

We would like to offer a tailored plan for users just like you - our Premium plan for $99.99 / year.

The Premium plan will provide 3rd party hosting for non-commercial use on your forums, blogs, and personal websites*. Additionally, you will be able to store up to 300,000 photos.

We are working on some exciting changes for 2018. This is our exclusive introductory price and this offer will expire in 7 days.
Premium Plan

Thank you very much for your continued support
support my ... :vangry: :mrgreen:
100 bucks is a quarter of what they wanted earlier but i don't think i'll take this offer either... 8-)
Anne7

Post by Anne7 »

This is (was) a test:
“Clearly, animals know more than we think, and think a great deal more than we know.”
— Irene Pepperberg
ame

Post by ame »

Merikotkas stream became a small challenge when the time stamp disappeared from the bottom line. how to time the pictures now? this is especially tricky if you do in another time zone than the nest. the added hour of the summer time makes one more complication.

i made a snapshot of the Juras-Erglis stream and added some information to it. the J-e camera has the time stamp and therefore we know the nest time and can compare it with other timing information that can be dug out. i took the snapshot by clicking shift-printscreen which saves the picture on the clipboard. then i opened Paint and pasted the contents with crtl-v.

the nest time is in the bottom centre. on top left corner is a picture of my computer time which is the EET time at the moment when i took the snapshot. below the calendar on the left is the bunny clock which shows UTC time. i added this extra clock on my desktop.
note that the UTC time remains the same summers and winters, it is not shifted like local times. therefore it was only 7:26 UTC, while in Estonia and Latvia (and Finland) it was 10:26. in London it was 8:26, UTC + 1 hour for summer time.

you can add extra clocks on your desktops in the Control panel in the "Clock, Language and Region section". this might be handy for those of you who live in another time zone than the nest(s).

on the right side of the eagle there's a panel showing the picture propertied of the snapshot: created, accessed and modified at 10:27:39 my pc time. as you can see there's a delay from the nest time. this tells how long it took for the picture to reach me from Durbe to Turku via the 'ether' of the internet.

i hope that some of the data illustrated here will help you to time your pictures which have no time stamp. i name my pictures with the nest time. any of these times will help you to give an approximate time of the events at the nest(s).
Kallisto

Post by Kallisto »

grr whats wrong?
Biker

Post by Biker »

:hi:

you choosed obviously the wrong link:
this one

https://img28.rajce.idnes.cz/d2801/15/1 ... .jpg?ver=0
should show the image in the right size

nice image of the roe deer :thumbs:
Kallisto

Post by Kallisto »

Ok I try it.

Copy picture address :-) perfect
visit

Post by visit »

Question: attachments are not any more allowed or only for some people ?

I like and use the forum software phpBB for many years, too, and saw in some threads attachments. And i ask because of still looking for an optimal solution for the upload and display of files.

Greets visit
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

No, attachments have been disabled a long time ago. See here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=93
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
SilverGirl

Post by SilverGirl »

testing

Biker

Post by Biker »

great observation! great that you catched this unwanted visitor!
thank you, SilverGirl :thumbs:

Return to “Questions and Help”