Technical Questions

How this Forum Works - Questions and Answers

Moderator: ame

Marfo

Re: Technical Questions

Post by Marfo »

The strangest thing:

Today I received two notifications:
I was quoted by ame in the WTE nest cam forum of October 2015 on 25 Januari 2020. This post was already quoted and answered at the time (in 2015).

What happened here?

Sonchik

Post by Sonchik »

Marfo wrote: January 26th, 2020, 9:21 pm The strangest thing:

Today I received two notifications:
I was quoted by ame in the WTE nest cam forum of October 2015 on 25 Januari 2020. This post was already quoted and answered at the time (in 2015).

What happened here?

[img]https://up.picr.de/37745698vo.jpg[/ img]
I think the Ame edited his post.
I also received about 10 messages from old topics yesterday.
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

Sonchik wrote: January 26th, 2020, 9:37 pm I think the Ame edited his post.
I also received about 10 messages from old topics yesterday.
Thank you, Sonchik :hi:
10?? That's a lot. Strange, I can't see a new reply from ame.
Anyway, it's not important.
ame

Post by ame »

sorry to make such confusion!
i corrected some grammatical mistakes which i had made. i searched for the occurrences of the wrong word and went far in the history all the way to 2015. i didn't realize that i would be caught in this way. :blush: :rotf:

Marfo, i removed your post from the gif-topic. it was meant to go, right?
... but i don't quite understand why you were not able to remove it yourself..? :puzzled:
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

ame wrote: January 27th, 2020, 3:17 pm Marfo, i removed your post from the gif-topic. it was meant to go, right?
... but i don't quite understand why you were not able to remove it yourself..? :puzzled:
Yes, thank you.
By the time I realised my post was in the wrong topic (about gif's) the delete button was no longer there. Otherwise I would have deleted it myself, of course.
ame

Post by ame »

WARNING:

a virus of some sort tried to sneak in camouflaged as a Potplayer update.
my firewall noticed it and removed the "update".
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

I'm not know, where to put it!

For the third time youtube restarts to load a video. At about 86% it stops and goes back to 25% which is completely crazy. Youtube has been doing it for some time. That's why I wrote a long time ago, youtube does tricks.
This has been since the youtube update. I think the trouble started in October / November.
Now I need hours for a video. The best thing is, just cancel and restart
ame

Post by ame »

that's a new trick. for me the YT has not done this (so far). did this happen with the new uplaod system or with the old?

so far i have returned to the old system every time. i have not found a way how to search for old videos in the new system. uploading is too complicated and it returns to the video manager page. i want it to stay on the upload page.

only managing playlists i do with the new system. that works almost properly although it keeps asking me too often silly questions about keeping changes which i have not done. i just answer "ignore" (or cancel, i can't remember which).
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

I upload with the new creator. It's no fun. I often forget that I have to assign the video to a playlist. You don't immediately see that you've forgotten something. The only good thing is I don't see reviews of my videos anymore. I don't care about thumbs up or down. I only make videos from live recordings.
The new creator is confusing. I will use the old version again. At least as long as the old creator still exists.
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

:hi:

Are inserted png-images allowed in LK? :puzzled:

I published unintentionally and it worked, I changed later to jpg:s though when I was unsure if png is ok.
Printscreen takes png and you can copypaste it to the photohost so it would be the fastest way to get the image done.
ame

Post by ame »

posting png pictures is allowed but it is recommended that this is avoided and jpg/jpeg pictures be posted instead of them. this is because png pictures require larger space than jpg-pictures and therefore they upload more slowly on the forum pages than jpg pictures. one or two png's are ok but if a page is full of them the page may upload really slowly.

the larger file size of png's also takes extra space on one's own computer. a png picture takes about 3 times more space than a jpg although the picture quality is the same. again this is not much of a problem if one does not want to save a lot of pictures. it may become difficult if one wants to save really many pictures.

a picture taken with Printscreen can be saved in jpg format, too. i paste my printscreen-pictures in Paint program and and save them in JPEG-format. i usually need to edit my pictures in some way (at least to enlarge the time stamp for example) before posting and that's why i use Paint.
i made a picture as an example.
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

:hi:
Thanks for the answer, ame!

I don't have Windows, I have Linux, and if I save a printscreen, I can save directly as jpg. But I thought I could skip saving the images at all on my computer by copypasting a png directly to the photohost. On the photohost it is not possible to convert png to jpg as far as I have understood. Anyway, I get your message and use jpg instead - according to the long schedule :mrgreen:
ame

Post by ame »

Dec 3rd the forum software was updated.

here's a new topic for reporting possible malfunctions in the forum:
viewtopic.php?p=770876#p770876

this is because our netmaster is not certain that everything is ok. together we'll find problems more quickly.
you know the old saying of the Jungle: "two pairs of eyes see more than one pair." 8-)
Ajeta

Post by Ajeta »

Hello
I hope this is the right place to address my question. Otherwise please point me to the right thread.

I was trying to send a PN this morning. On the PN itself, it says sent + time. But the PN is not in the "Sent" file but seems to sit in the "Outbox". Did I do anything wrong? What must I do or how can I be sure it reached its recipient? Could it be a problem with the software of my computer? (It's a bit old.) Everything else though, like submitting posts for example, seems to work.
I'd be glad if someone could let me know how to solve this problem.
Sonchik

Post by Sonchik »

Ajeta wrote: March 30th, 2021, 1:26 pm Hello
I hope this is the right place to address my question. Otherwise please point me to the right thread.

I was trying to send a PN this morning. On the PN itself, it says sent + time. But the PN is not in the "Sent" file but seems to sit in the "Outbox". Did I do anything wrong? What must I do or how can I be sure it reached its recipient? Could it be a problem with the software of my computer? (It's a bit old.) Everything else though, like submitting posts for example, seems to work.
I'd be glad if someone could let me know how to solve this problem.
Outbox, these are the emails you sent. Sent, these are emails that the recipient has read.
Ajeta

Post by Ajeta »

Sonchik wrote: March 30th, 2021, 1:34 pm Outbox, these are the emails you sent. Sent, these are emails that the recipient has read.
Great! Thank you, Sonchik. I'm glad it's not a software problem of my old computer, but only one of my old brain not knowing the difference btw. outbox and sent. :laugh:
balistar

Post by balistar »

I noticed, that i'm not able to edit my posts in this thread:
Latvian WtE nest webcamera Juras-erglis: Discussions.

The possibility to edit my posts reaches for a while, about 1 or 2 hours, then suddenly the "edit-button" vanishs.

This issue i only notice in the above mentioned thread, in all other threads, where i'm active, this issue doesn't exist.

I would be happy to receive help and/or further information.
Thanks in advance.
Sonchik

Post by Sonchik »

It seems that the moderators do not look here.
I can't edit messages either. I used to often add videos to my old posts. Or I saw an error in the video, made a new one, and changed the video in the message. I can't do that right now. I had to write the message a second time. Now the topic has two identical messages with different videos. :sad:
ame

Post by ame »

oops, sorry. i didn't notice earlier that there were new posts here.
does the problem still persist?
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

I had the same problem too! But very briefly. It was in the Sliteres & Silva thread. It solved by itself ..I thought there were restrictions .. but everything is fine again

Return to “Questions and Help”