Re: FAQ & Support

Database with information about Lesser and Greater Spotted Eagles

Moderator: maertha/felis silvestris

maertha

Re: FAQ & Support

Post by maertha »

How can you use this project? How does it work?
  • * Frequently asked questions are listed below.
    * Find additional information in the first posting(s) of each topic (in green).
    * If you need any further information, please post the question at the topic "Talk about".
    * "Talk about" is also the right place for all kinds of comments and for all discussions.
    * The other topics are intended to contain nothing but information on Lesser Spotted Eagles.
    * A Word about the LSE and WTE Databases by Jo UK viewtopic.php?f=46&t=458
maertha

Post by maertha »

Overview
The most topics in this project contain a table of contents in one of the first postings. Scroll down the pages to find the corresponding link.

Search function wanted?

1) Search with Google (Looduskalender forum, all topics)
Mark the red sentece below with the left mouse, choose "paste".
Copy it into the Google search mask and replace the placeholder (not the asterisks) with the theme or the keywords you are looking for.
Try e.g. Aquila pomarina and additional a specific keyword.
  • *placeholder* site:looduskalender.ee
2) Internal search function (LSE database/single topics)
Register, log in and use the internal search mask at the bottom left of each page.
To get good matches, use here only specific key words like "diet", "breeding", "wind turbines".
You will get a list of results. Click at the URL to the right of “Post subject” in the headline to read the complete entry.

Choose a single topic or use the search mask below the board index of the "Aquila pomarina Collection" to browse the whole database.

Internal search function - read more: faq.php#f7r0
maertha

Post by maertha »

INDEX - Frequently Asked Questions and Support

FAQ
  • 1. What is the aim of this project?

2. Can I support this project?

3. I am not a forum member. Can I make an entry or post a link?

4. Which links are welcome?

5. Which entries are welcome?

6. Why is “Talk about” the only place for comments and discussions?

7. Why only three emoticons?

8. How much links, characters or pictures can be send in one posting?

9. How can I post pictures or video clips?

10. Where can I add a link or an entry ?

11. Why are some topics locked?

12. How can I see if a topic is open?

13. Why is XY not mentioned at the topic XY?

14. Is it possible to post complete copies/scans of newspaper or journal articles (print or online)?

15. I am a researcher. How can I get an entry at the topic “Researchers”?

16. I am a representative of the organisation XY. How can I get an entry at the topic “Researching institutions and organisations”?

17. How can I get volunteers or other help for a Lesser Spotted Eagle project?

18. I am not a forum member, but I need volunteers or other help for a Lesser Spotted Eagle project. Can I request for help?

19. I became interested in an abstract of a text at the topic “Full Text Documents – Different Languages”. Can I find a translation somewhere?

20. Where can I talk to other people who are interested in this LSE database project?

21. Where can I comment and discuss my or other postings, scientific texts and links?

22. My posting has been edited. Why?

23. I posted a suggestion at the topic “Add a Link”. What happens now?

24. I posted a link suggestion at “Add a Link”. When will it appear in one of the topics?

25. Where can I learn more about general forum functions?

26. Last but not least: who are Tuuli and Remo?

VETO
  • * How to remove a link to your website
SUPPORT
  • * Supporting the project

* How to paste the prepared text into an e-mail

* Prepared e-mail text

English
    Estonian
    Russian
    German
    Danish
    Finnish
maertha

Post by maertha »

FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions
maertha

Post by maertha »

1. What is the aim of this project?

The aim of this project is to collect knowledge and links and to make this Lesser Spotted Eagle data online available quickly and comfortably for everybody everywhere.

Another goal is, if possible, to promote international “LSE networking”.
maertha

Post by maertha »

2. Can I support this project?

Yes, your help is greatly appreciated!

You can post and edit entries directly, and you can suggest links and articles to be added. And of course you can help to announce this project – e.g. via Twitter, Facebook or per e-mail. If you want, use the prepared e-mail text below this FAQ list. Members can use the "E-mail friend" function above each page.

See also: How can I add a link? How to support Loodusalender http://www.looduskalender.ee/en/node/3058
maertha

Post by maertha »

3. I am not a forum member. Can I make an entry or post a link?

Because of the technical defaults you have to register and to log in first. Please join now. It only takes a few minutes and it´s free.

Click here to register: ucp.php?mode=register

Find frequently asked questions (FAQ) about login and registration issues: faq.php
maertha

Post by maertha »

4. Which links are welcome?

If it´s new, and if it´s LSE specific, it´s welcome. We focus on links to scientific articles which are completely online available (in English or any other language).

To make sure that a link has not been posted in one of the topics yet, please have a look at the tables of contents or use the above mentioned search functions.
  • · Please post in this part of the forum only information. Use just the three below mentioned emoticons.
    · “Talk about” is the place for all kinds of comments and for all discussions. All other topics are intended to contain nothing but data collections or other LSE information.

See also: Why is “Talk about” the only place for comments and discussions; Why only three emoticons?
maertha

Post by maertha »

5. Which entries are welcome?

Find detailed answers and “how-to” information at the first entry of each open topic.

See also: Which links are welcome; How can I add a link; How can I see if a topic is open
maertha

Post by maertha »

6. Why is “Talk about” the only place for comments and discussions?

Because it´s the only way to make sure that you can get good hits with the internal forum search function.

Imagine you are looking for a LSE information and you have to burrow through hundreds of contributions to eagle discussions and other conversation entries in a long, long posting list…
maertha

Post by maertha »

7. Why only three emoticons?

To make additional information easily available. So you can see at a glance:
  • :chick: = link contains pictures, diagrams, tables or maps
    :help: = the international forum community is asked for help concerning a Lesser Spotted Eagle project
    :sleep: = the above mentioned request for help is not actually at the moment

See also: Where can I comment entries or meet people who are interested in this project?
maertha

Post by maertha »

8. How much links, characters or pictures can be send in one posting?

- Links: 7
- No more than 60000 characters
- Pictures: maximal 5, better 3 pics per posting
- Maximum allowed picture size is 600 X 800 pixels, File size 256 kb
maertha

Post by maertha »

9. How can I post pictures or video clips?

Click here to learn more about technical questions: viewforum.php?f=3
maertha

Post by maertha »

10. Where can I add a link or an entry ?

At the open topics you can post and edit as usual: click at the reply-button below the last entry.
The topic “Add a link or an article” works a collecting point for all locked topics.

See also: How can I see if a topic is open; Why are some topics locked; I posted a link suggestion at “Add a Link”. When will it appear in one of the topics?
maertha

Post by maertha »

11. Why are some topics locked?

It´s a question of organisation.

Only the topics which contain indices are locked. In these topics new links have to get a number, an index-entry and in some cases keywords. Because of the technical defaults this work must be done by a forum moderator.

See also: How can I add a link; How can I see if a topic is open.
maertha

Post by maertha »

12. How can I see if a topic is open?

Have a look at the index page of this project (list of all topics). If you see a lock-symbol in front of the topic´s name, the topic is locked. All other topics are open.

See also: Why are some topics locked
maertha

Post by maertha »

13. Why is XY not mentioned at the topic XY?

This data collection project ist still growing. If you are missing an XY entry, please post the link.

See also: I am no forum member. Can I post a link; How can I add a link; Why are some topics locked.
maertha

Post by maertha »

14. Is it possible to post complete copies/scans of newspaper or journal articles (print or online)?

To ensure that the copyright will be respected, please contact the author/publisher first and ask for a written permission. The same goes for translated articles.
maertha

Post by maertha »

15. I am a researcher. How can I get an entry at the topic “Researchers”?

Because of the technical defaults you have to register and to log in if you want to make your own entry. Please join now. It only takes a few minutes and it´s free.

When you have logged in, click at the reply-button below the last researcher entry. A window will open. To introduce your work you can add links, videoclips or pictures. If you want to modify your entry later, use the edit button in your posting. Forum members can contact you per pm (private message) button. Add your e-mail adress or other contact details if you want that everybody is able to contact you.

Of course serious amateurs are welcome too.

See also: I am no forum member. Can I make an entry or post a link?
maertha

Post by maertha »

16. I am a representative of the organisation XY. How can I get an entry at the topic “Researching institutions and organisations”?

Because of the technical defaults you have to register and to log in if you want to suggest an entry. Join now. It only takes a few minutes and it´s free. When you have logged in, please post your organisation link at the topic “Add a link”.

See also: Why are some topics locked; I posted a link suggestion at “Add a Link”. When will it appear in one of the topics; I am no forum member. Can I make an entry or post a link?

Return to “The Aquila Pomarina Collection”