Re: FAQ & Support

Database with information about Lesser and Greater Spotted Eagles

Moderator: maertha/felis silvestris

maertha

Re: FAQ & Support

Post by maertha »

17. How can I get volunteers or other help for an Osprey project?

Please post an entry at the topic “Request for Help & Current Research Projects”.

Use the :help: emoticon at the first place to show the international community at a first glance that help is wanted. Write a headline. Describe your project and what kind of help is wanted. You can add links, videoclips or pictures. If you want to modify your entry later, use the edit button in your posting. Forum members can contact you per PM (private message) button. Add your e-mail address or other contact details if you want that everybody can contact you. If you need volunteer helpers at the place where you are, don´t forget to mention your town and your country (would be good to add a link to a google map).

Add :sleep: to show if your request for help is not actually at the moment.
maertha

Post by maertha »

18. I am not a forum member, but I need volunteers or other help for an Osprey project. Can I request for help?

Yes, of course! Because of the technical defaults you have to register and to log in first. Please join now. It only takes a few minutes and it´s free. When you have logged in, you can post an entry at “Request for Help & Current Research Projects”. You can edit it whenever you want by using the edit button below your posting. Forum members can contact you by using the PM (private message) button. Add your e-mail address or other contact details if you want that everybody can contact you.

Click here to register: ucp.php?mode=register

See also: I need volunteers or other help for an Osprey project. How can I request for help´; I am no forum member. Can I make an entry or post a link?

maertha

Post by maertha »

19. I became interested in an abstract of a text at the topic “Full Text Documents – Different Languages”. Can I find a translation somewhere?

If a text is also available in English or other languages, you´ll find a note or you´ll see the corresponding flag icon below the link - additional to the original text language flag icon.

If you need a translation, please go to the topic “Request for help”.

Use the :help: emoticon at the first place of your entry to show forum members that their help is wanted. Write a short and meaningful headline: which kind of help is wanted? Put the link (not the complete text) in your posting with the copy/paste function. Ask if somebody can do a translation. Forum members can contact you by using the pm (private message) button.

Ensure that the copyright will be respected! If you want to use a (translated) text for any other than private purposes, you´ll have to ask the author/publisher for permission.

Please add :sleep: to show if your request for help is not actually at the moment.

See also: I am no forum member. Can I make an entry or post a link; How can I add a link.
maertha

Post by maertha »

20. Where can I talk to other people who are interested in this LSE data project?

“Talk about” is the right topic to discuss all LSE project themes, texts and single entries.
maertha

Post by maertha »

21. Where can I comment and discuss my or other postings, videos, scientific texts and links?

“Talk about” is the topic for every kind of comment and for all contributions to discussions.
maertha

Post by maertha »

22. My posting has been edited. Why?

If a posting contains emoticons, comments, small talk or similar, it probably will be edited.

Please respect that nothing but information shall be added, because it´s the only way to keep the data collection clear and to make sure that the internal forum search function can work.

See also: Why no comments/emoticons; Where can I talk to other people who are interestded in this LSE data project
maertha

Post by maertha »

23. I posted a suggestion at the topic “Add a Link”. What happens now?

If your link/article is a new and a WTE specific one, it will get an index-entry, a number, and, in some cases, keywords. Your forum name will be mentioned: “Link submitted by YX”. Then the information will be added to one of the topics.
maertha

Post by maertha »

24. I posted a link suggestion at “Add a Link”. When will it appear in one of the topics?

If it was new and WTE specific, it will appear in one of the topics after a while.

The forum moderators try to manage this as fast as possible. Nevertheless it may take some days, maybe longer, before the next update can be done, because the whole work at this collection (like all Looduskalender forum work) is done by volunteers in their spare time.
maertha

Post by maertha »

25. Where can I learn more about general forum functions like:

Login and Registration Issues
User Preferences and settings
Posting Issues
Formatting and Topic Types
User Levels and Groups
Private Messaging
Friends and Foes
Searching the Forums
Topic Subscriptions and Bookmarks
Attachments
phpBB 3 Issues

Click here faq.php
maertha

Post by maertha »

26. Last but not least: Who are Tuuli and Remo?

Looduskalender forum members named the female Lesser Spotted Eagle who could be observed via webcam/live stream in 2011 “Tuuli”. The male eagle is called “Remo”.

Some articles about the breeding pair and their offspring can be found at the Looduskalender main pages in Estonian, Russian, English and German. Snapshots, video clips and information about camera based observations are saved in the English speaking Lesser Spotted Eagle camera forum.

Click to find more information about the “Looduskalender breeding pair” viewtopic.php?f=25&t=287
maertha

Post by maertha »

VETO

How to remove a link to your website
All links and adresses in the Lesser Spotted Eagle database project are freely available in the www.

If your contact adress (or a link to one of your articles, to your picture gallery or to your video clip etc.)
has been published at this pages and you disagree – please contact Jo UK, Felis silvestris or maertha.

The entry shall be removed as fast as possible!

How to contact the administrator or moderator
Because of the technical defaults you have to register. Log in, go to a posting from Jo UK, Felis silvestris or maertha.
and click at the pm-button (pm = private message) below. You can use any posting in any topic for this purpose.

Click here to register: ucp.php?mode=register
maertha

Post by maertha »

SUPPORT

Supporting the project

You can help to announce this project – e.g. per twitter, facebook or e-mail.

Or register, log in and use the "E-mail friend" function above each page.

Thank you!

Return to “The Aquila Pomarina Collection”