Add a link or an article

Database with information about Lesser and Greater Spotted Eagles

Moderator: maertha/felis silvestris

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Re: Add a link or an article

Post by Felis silvestris »

Your link is a news page of a raptor page and the only mention I find is a news item about the Romanian project.

Your latest link I have to first check properly, presently I am at work and don't have much time for other things.
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

I had now time to take a closer look at those links. The one - europeanraptors.org - is a site giving news about all sorts of raptors, including also Lesser Spotted Eagles.
The second one from Belarus is a report about an area where those and other eagles breed.
Neither of the two is a scientific article or paper about Spotted Eagles. The database contains mainly articles and papers dealing only with the eagles and collecting every little bit where a Spotted Eagle is mentioned, would lead too far! The only exception I have made for the topic about cainism as this was meant to explain what it is.
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

oehoeowl

Post by oehoeowl »

Felis silvestris wrote:I had now time to take a closer look at those links. The one - europeanraptors.org - is a site giving news about all sorts of raptors, including also Lesser Spotted Eagles.
The second one from Belarus is a report about an area where those and other eagles breed.
Neither of the two is a scientific article or paper about Spotted Eagles. The database contains mainly articles and papers dealing only with the eagles and collecting every little bit where a Spotted Eagle is mentioned, would lead too far! The only exception I have made for the topic about cainism as this was meant to explain what it is.
Thank you Felis Silvestris,I understand now what you mean. I keep searching :book:
oehoeowl

Post by oehoeowl »

oehoeowl

Post by oehoeowl »

maertha

Post by maertha »

“Raptors Conservation” 25/2012 contains information on colour ringing, breeding areas etc. of Greater Spotted Eagles in Russia/Siberia.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Thanks maertha. Right now I'm getting ready to travel, but when I'm back I have quite a few newly found articles to add!

maertha

Post by maertha »

I don´t know if you saw this information about the autumn migration of Lesser Spotted Eagles through the Batumi Bottleneck (Black Sea City of Batumi, Republic of Georgia).

Results of the Batumi Raptor Count: 4,142 Lesser Spotted Eagles. Total raptors: 1,212,338

Website http://www.batumiraptorcount.org/brc
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

No, I had not yet seen this. Impressive numbers! Thank you, maertha!

Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

From 04 to 06 September 2015, the 2nd Spotted Eagle Symposium of the German Wildlife Foundation project Lesser Spotted Eagle Schorfheide-Chorin takes place in cooperation with the EU-LIFE.

http://www.schreiadler.org/save-the-dat ... symposium/
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

I'm somehow not getting around adding stuff here, although it is piling up already.
Some good news from German LSE - after the long delay the first was spotted in Germany. But the time runs out and it does not look good for the breeding season, it seems.

Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

https://www.nabu.de/news/2015/03/18621.html

NABU has filed a lawsuit against the approval of a wind farm at Jördenstorf in Rostock (Mecklenburg-Vorpommern). Cause of action is the occurrence of highly threatened Lesser Spotted Eagle in the vicinity of the proposed site.

I'm not sure if I can set it here?
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

As for the moment the topic with eagles in the news is still a faint echo in my brain, and for a far too long time, to be honest, it is okay to put it here! Thanks!

Black swan

Post by Black swan »

In the hopes I'm not wrong here...
I would like linking a page from the slowakia project: http://www.kukaj.sk/projekt/55-rodinka-arnoldovcov

The female Lesser Spotted Eagle has a transmitter on her back and you can follow her migration route on this site.(google Earth)
On the site also 2 interesting videos (right above). One of them about the couple, nest, cam & transmitter,
the other shows the male returns to nest (27.4.) - but occupied by a marten with young...
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

I am sorry that it took me so long to get back to this, Black Swan. I have added the link to the database.

Another link to a really lovely video shared by another Slovakian project I have added here: viewtopic.php?p=399951#p399951

Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Lesser Spotted Eagle Ulf is already in Africa

(MOZ) The two MOZ-spotted eagle Marta and Ulf have left Europe behind. Marta sent last from the West Bank area. She was on Friday, 9.10., Northeast of Jerusalem. Ulf has been in Africa. He has the Gulf of Suez to the south ... more

http://www.moz.de/themen/schreiadler/
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

The Lesser Spotted Eagle is in danger. thereby an entire ecosystem lost threatens to go

Potsdam / Chorin - Brandenburg could lose his heraldic animal soon forever. The German spotted eagle is threatened with extinction. 90 years ago there were still everywhere in Germany spotted eagle, now living the last 110 breeding pairs in Brandenburg and Mecklenburg-Vorpommern. There are various reasons. In Africa and the Middle East, the raptors are hunted. The hunt will cost three of four pups during their annual flight to Africa life. But even in Brandenburg, the habitat of eagles decreased continuously. If you want to protect the eagle, it comes to the preservation of entire ecosystems, because when the eagle comes, many other animals and plant species will go with him.

Ulrike Garbe, head of the EU-Life project in the biosphere reserve Schorfheide-Chorin, which wants to protect the spotted eagle is worried about the survival of the bird of prey. "The natural habitat of the Lesser Spotted Eagle is ever destroyed," she says.

http://www.pnn.de/brandenburg-berlin/997883/
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Lately I don't find the time to really sit down and add all the material I have collected over the last months. I would need some time to look through it, sort it and add it ...

Interesting article also goes around the respective circles: http://www.koo.org.pl/aktualnosci/184-o ... iedniapare - for the translation click the Union Jack - a juvenile, GPS-tagged LSE lost a parent to a wind turbine and turned up at a neighbouring nest and was fed there.
Latest news said that the juvenile survived and is on migration. The young eagle, called Ben can be (among other tagged eagles) followed here: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... JMvV2Ta-Co Presently he is following Nile between Luxor and Aswan. :D

Biker

Post by Biker »

successful breeding season in Northern Germany - pictures of the fledged Youngster

https://de-de.facebook.com/SeeligerPhot ... 15/?type=3
*Please don't feed the trolls!*
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Biker, this are good news and beautiful pictures :loveshower: :loveshower:

Return to “The Aquila Pomarina Collection”