What We Should Do About Copyright

How this Forum Works - Questions and Answers

Moderator: ame

visit

Re: What We Should Do About Copyright

Post by visit »

Hello :hi:

*haven't found another better place for the question

I would like to know how you are dealing with the pictures of the webcam...
On the one hand they are official, on the other hand i wondered whether it is possible to post one or more shots of the webcam somewhere else. Is it allowed ?

Take care & greets
visit
ame

Post by ame »

it should be ok to post pictures from "our" webcams in other forums than LK, too. after all it works the other way round. i'm posting pictures from the Latvian WTE camera on the Estonian Looduskalender all the time. we also have pictures from other, more distant cameras.

it also might be nice to tell (besides other background info) who owns the camera from which the pictures (or video) are taken if one posts them in a forum where people don't know about the camera. usually camera owners like when more people learn to know their nest or such. a link to the camera with its information is often sufficient for this.

if the camera provider wants to keep the pictures to him/herself then there is a note about it on the camera info. we have had at least one such case in the past. if the camera owner states a copyright limitation then it must be respected.
visit

Post by visit »

Hello ame,

thank you for the response :)

ok, then i think that is ok.
and of course it will be nice to show others where they can look at some nests and which wonderful insights there are possible with this technical way.

keep healthy, greets
visit
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Yesterday we became aware of aa few members having log-in problems.
Webmaster suggests clearing cookies first. If that dpoesn't help use a different browser Ame could not log-in this morning, Neither could I. Yorky had to log in each time he wanted to psot.
Ame and I tried clearing cookies - no help. Webmaster suggested using a different browser. That worked for ame and for me. So changing from Firefox to Chrome was the best solution.
There may well be other member whom we don't know of, who have log-in problems since the latest upgrade.
This is our experience so do try using another browser. Any other problems, please tell us.
ame

Post by ame »

i think that you Jo misunderstood my message. i was able to log in after i deleted cookies in both browsers. i didn't understand that deleting LK cookies would have been enough. i deleted all.
- it was a good time to make some cleaning any way. :laugh:

after deleting cookies i was able to log in straight away.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Thanks, ame. I saw that, somewhere else you had mentioned Chrome so I put 1 and 2 together and made 4!

If all members can log in, somehow, then we are happy.

Return to “Questions and Help”