Recording videos from web cams - Please post your favourite

How this Forum Works - Questions and Answers

Moderator: ame

Liz01

Re: Recording videos from web cams - Please post your favourite

Post by Liz01 »

ame wrote: October 26th, 2020, 5:09 pm are you sure that YT actually deleted the videos? :puzzled:

i don't believe so. i think that they only disabled the links to the videos as well as they disabled your account. i'm almost certain that they still have everything on storage but they are out of the public's reach.
Of course I keep trying. But right now there is nothing I can do. I'll try it again in a week.

I don't belive either, that the videos were deleted . I have access to the YT channel on my mobile phone. But for me the videos are "temporarily" not to be seen. I read this when I go to my channel.

A YouTube Help Forum (google support) gave me the idea to check my cell phone. A Member wrote that he has been blocked for years because of copyright infringement. But he has access to his channel. He can upload videos, ect ... there is also a proof!

Because of this, I can be reached again, but without a channel.I deleted and reinstalled my youtube app. so I lost the content on this app.

It's in German. Whoever wants can translate it.
https://support.google.com/youtube/thread/6237452?hl=de
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

In the gray area: stream ripping and converting

COUNSELOR
06/18/12
n-tv guide high-tech
When are downloads legal?
The legal situation for stream ripping and converter programs is less clear. Stream ripping, i.e. the recording of audio or video streams, is particularly popular with music and can be both legal and illegal. That depends on what content is being recorded. If the original stream is already legally controversial, the recording cannot be legal either. If, on the other hand, you record content that you can legally listen to or watch, for example from Internet radio, then it is no different than if you used to record radio on cassette or a TV film on video.

Because private copies are still permitted, provided that no effective copy protection is cracked and the template is legal. This means that the original stream must not have been produced in an obviously illegal manner or made available for download on the Internet. The police even expressly advise recording: In the brochure "In the network of the new media" they state as an alternative to file sharing: "Use software programs that enable the recording of pieces of music from Internet radios".

https://www.n-tv.de/ratgeber/Downloads- ... 24026.html
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

I am so happy! I can save myself all the work of getting my channel back.
I admit, my motivation wasn't too great. But I got encouragement from many subscribers. They miss my channel. Thanks to all!

It is not enough for someone to withdraw the claim. If there are several providers, then all must agree to take back the violation.

message to me:
Our third party provider has contacted YouTube to formally rescind the copywrite infringement and re-activate your channel. I anticipate this may take some time, but we will reach out to you as soon as we have a response.

Now I will wait patiently. There is no season.. and for me is good to take a break. :D
The sky is full of birds, there is a lot to watch. Yesterday I saw a white tailed eagle. he flew over the Bodden and over my head. It was great!
ame

Post by ame »

wow Liz, that is great news! :headroll:
an eagle was the cherry on the cake. :laugh:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

OMG, I used the wrong thread!
viewtopic.php?p=768193#p768193
Rita wrote: November 1st, 2020, 7:02 am :hi: Liz: Oooh, I am so happy for you, have a good day, and looking forward to new videos - just keep away from Melbourne and the like. :mrgreen:

Was it now the Melbourne camera officials who requested the blocking because of violation and who were able to release it again with YouTube? How does one know whether one can record from a camera? Is there some sort of warning? I would be absolutely lost in this video world.
Rita, it's all a bit complicated.
Melbourne Camera is a conservation organization. Operating a camera costs a lot of money.
Like many others, they thought that the videos made me money. I see that in my channel now. I was deprived of the opportunity to make money with these videos. But I never made any money. You don't see that easily.

Anyway, I found and contacted the owner on Facebook.
Here is the link. This is very interesting:
https://www.facebook.com/mirvacresidential

I asked for help and the owner gave me the email address of someone I was in contact with. She was super nice. everyone said that the blocking was not intended.

There are 3 partners who reported the violation (they operate the camera together, (similar to EENet at that time) Each partner had to report the copy right violation. So I had 3 violations, which automatically resulted in a blocking.

the proof
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Melbourne Peregrine Falcons :mrgreen: :D :

So I will continue to do videos from the Camera
Rita

Post by Rita »

Dear Liz, thank you so much for this background information. Very interesting, but also very complicated. 8-)
Sonchik

Post by Sonchik »

Liz01 wrote: November 1st, 2020, 6:49 am My channel is back online :headroll:
thank you Melbourne :2thumbsup:
This is great and positive news! Congratulations! Image
Your example also shows that the problem can be solved if you actively do it. Well done! You're cool!
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Sonchik wrote: November 1st, 2020, 2:54 pm This is great and positive news! Congratulations! ...
Sonchik, thanks :2thumbsup:
Unfortunately, I'm particularly not a patient person. It took my strength, not to too often be in contact with Jacynta :mrgreen:

I wrote this here so you can see you have a chance ..
But only if you know who caused the blockage.
If I've got up an hour later, I wouldn't have my channel anymore. I wouldn't have seen who requested the blocking.
There are only 2 options - a lawyer, or contacting the people who initiated the blocking. You don't have a chance to contact Youtube.
they are not responsible for copyright infringement. It is a legal matter that can only be resolved with a lawyer.
The YouTube help forums are pointless. They're rather vicious and don't even begin to understand the problem.
But it is also difficult to explain that you don't copy videos from others, but make videos from a live stream.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

I saw in my channel that attempts have been made to accuse me of copying rights infringement since 2016. Someone has a lot of time and stamina.

I don't think everyone has the Creator Studio. :puzzled: I can't remember if I've always had it. There are constant changes.

There is now an update: Infringement of copyrights
You can then click: show affected videos. There were 2. There was no warning ... nothing. That's why I didn't know anything about these events.
It says: This video uses copyrighted material. Therefore, the video cannot be monetized by the uploader.
What carp is that? This is really all about money. I'll say it again, I don't get any money! For not a single video. Why should I take money? To annoy me? To have my channel full of advertising junk? I hate adverts!
I have now deleted these two videos.

BTW: really bad, I lost my old version for my channel settings. Now I have all the new YouTube garbage.
I now have to read and learn to deal with the new.
Suddenly I could subscribe myself. Something is wrong here. :slap:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Copyright infringement:
It is tedious to work through laws. :slap:
It seems very easy to report a copyright infringement. YouTube makes it very easy for members. You don't have to prove anything. Just write that someone is using your videos. They block you and you have no chance. The matter automatically goes to court.
Since yesterday I have been writing to all camera owners asking for permission to make videos of their cameras.
It is also arduous work. Camera operators are not camera owners. I will have a lot to do in the next few weeks. Some have already replied. But they need my insurance, that my channel and also the forum, are not commercial.

I can only get approval from anyone who makes videos from different cameras. Nothing will happen to you, if you have a small canal. As soon as you are known, people full of hate and envy will search your channel.
It started for me in July and ended with being blocked by youtube.

BTW: Links and excerpts from academic papers are also copyright infringement. You have to have permission beforehand.

What types of works are copyrighted?

Audiovisual works such as TV shows, films, and online videos
Sound recordings and compositions
Documents such as lecture notes, articles, books, and musical compositions
Visual works such as paintings, posters, and advertisements
Video games and computer software
Stage works such as plays and musicals
ame

Post by ame »

thank you Liz!
you are working a lot with this matter, not only for yourself but also in giving us information on this topic. :thumbs:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Answer Big Bear Bald Eagle Camera:
It is my understanding that videographers are legally allowed to copy live streams under the copyright doctrine of fair use.
https://cmsimpact.org/code/code-best-pr ... oqOS7013Ng

and here:
https://cmsimpact.org/wp-content/upload ... ir_use.pdf

BTW: That is what I also read on Youtube. But it didn't help me because I couldn't contact youtube.

Fair use on YouTube
Fair use is a legal doctrine that says you can reuse copyright-protected material under certain circumstances without getting permission from the copyright owner.
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/9783148?hl=en

I will still apply for permission from the camera operators. Melbourne's Peregrine Falcons now I have permission :whistling:

BTW:I think it's funny that youtube asks me why my statistics are so bad in October. They make suggestions on how I can improve my performance. :banghead:

2020-11-10 EDIT:
Now I know why it happened. Somebody reported to Melbourne Peregrine Falcon that I am making money with the videos. I will now have this person's name given to me and sue them for lying to my detriment.

Now I have the written permission to make videos from October 1st, 2020. I also asked for a permission for another Yutouberin, Edith P. She gets permission too.
Personally, I'll just make a few more videos. They Nestlings will fledge this week. After that this camera is a thing of the past for me.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Florinda wrote: November 11th, 2020, 11:11 pm Liz, congratulations !!! I'm very glad!!! :loveshower:
Florinda, thank you! :loveshower:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

At Legacy's Nest (AEF-NEFL) , music can often be heard from people listening to the radio nearby. Now I have copyright infringement because of music by Justin Bieber and Havana Radio. :rotf: I don't like this music! I have people in my channel who write to me to stop recording music. I didn't know what they mean. Now someone has reported me!

That's too much for me! It's unbelievable what youtube is doing. It's no longer fun. They are totally crazy with their copyright :banghead:

It doesn't matter whether the channel is monetized or not.
Mine it's still not! Now they want me to cut out these parts, then it can be monetized. :rotf: My channel is not monetized, how many times should I say that! Even YouTube is too stupid to see the difference. They probably make a lot of money on my channel
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

ame wrote: May 20th, 2021, 8:39 am Liz, i think there must be something wrong with the P-player. it has behaved erratically for at least a week. it looses contact to the stream.
You saw already the visitor :laugh:

With me the same! every day problems.. Now, it no longer works for me. I will look for the cause
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

I found this
Select PotPlayer > About to check the current version; the window that opens contains a check for updates button as well which may be used to do just that.

So, what is new in the first PotPlayer release of 2021? Adobe discontinued support for Adobe Flash at the end of 2020, and most companies that supported Flash in their products, e.g. browser makers like Google or Mozilla, or the open source Office suite LibreOffice, have removed support for it.

The PotPlayer update removes support for Flash playback; support required Adobe Flash on the system, and since this is no longer supported, PotPlayer has support for playing SWF files removed from its core.

The player supports AV1 DXVA playback in the new release as well. The two remaining feature additions are a Dutch translated version of the media player, and the ability to se skin visualizations in windows media visualizations.

Six different issues of previous PotPlayer versions have been fixed in the new release. The biggest, probably, fixed a MKV video playback issue that caused playback to be not as smooth as it should be.

The remaining issues fix various problems in the player, e.g. an error when editing a bookmark, or that SMI integrated subtitles could not be selected.

https://www.ghacks.net/2021/01/29/first ... k-support/

EDIT: i can't find a solution at the moment. :bow: For me Potplayer doesn't work anymore. I'm glad that I have my download program. VLC is not very comfortable.. lost the sound if there are breaks in the stream
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

I think Youtube is blocking network streaming for Europeans.
Hi. Youtube is blocking network streaming for Europeans. I find that on VLC subreddit the user u/Sucralan poste it. Just like him I'm also in E.U. and sometimes like to watch music with PotPlayer or create music playlist to watch it. He experiment with VPN (I also use VPN here and there, my VPN of choice is Windscribe) and he discovered that when you change your location, videos are working normally again.
https://www.reddit.com/r/youtube/commen ... g_vlc_for/

Now you have to figure out how to change your own location. :slap:
There is a new copyright law. Now YouTube has a duty to ensure that the content does not violate the law. and can be prosecuted.

there is a workaround.. but - it's too early for me
https://www.reddit.com/r/VLC/comments/m ... &context=3
ame

Post by ame »

yihuu! i got Potplayer working again! :loveshower:
i found a clue here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/potplayer/comm ... tube_link/
i didn't understand what they explained about the reason why the P-player stopped working but there was a post by 2anyone Op which lead to the working version:
"finally I worked out this issue by update the "extension" folder to the one in the latest beta version 210604.
you can have the beta download link in https://www.videohelp.com/software/PotPlayer "

i went to the the link and downloaded first the "210428 / 210625 Beta (June 25, 2021)" but it didn't start working. :puzzled:
then i downloaded the
"Download PotPlayer 210428 Portable 64-bit 55MB Win64 Portable"
and that works! :headroll: :laugh:
... actually i'm not quite sure which version started working but who cares. :mrgreen:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

ame wrote: June 26th, 2021, 4:43 pm
"Download PotPlayer 210428 Portable 64-bit 55MB Win64 Portable"
and that works! :headroll: :laugh:
ame thanks! :loveshower: :loveshower: I will download right now!

hmm! it doesn't work for me :puzzled:

the same as before.. only the watch - no YT adress

Return to “Questions and Help”