Re: Latvian Black Storks - 2016

Post by Abigyl »

Liz, nice work :thumbs:

Last year they left on Aug 5th ??

Let's see if they'll be back Saturday :rolleyes:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

August 6
Abigyl wrote:Last year they left on Aug 5th ??......
good morning :hi:

empty nest

they flew together on August 1 :laugh:

thereafter came Ozols and was for a longe Time in the nest. on august 5 came a strange stork....

These two are four days younger than Ziluka and Ziluks. So it is normal, that they flew out a bit later. Today it is two week after Rasas maidenfligth.

viewtopic.php?p=413518#p413518

today I'm on the way to the baltic sea. (finally see again sea eagles :loveshower: )

so, I have to go.....
Solo

Post by Solo »

Liz01 wrote: ... today I'm on the way to the baltic sea. (finally see again sea eagles :loveshower: ) so, I have to go.....
Liz, I wisch you nice holliday :laugh: and many thanks for yours great work here :2thumbsup:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

I'm on the sea :laugh:

9:36 still empty nest. hopefully Ozols comes to say good bye to us :bow:

Solo, thanks for the good wish :2thumbsup:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

6:29 a goshawk visit the nest
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

14:19 still empty nest
14:25 I hear human voices. :rant: so the storklets will not came back to the nest.
Also Ozols will not come. :cry:
theye are very loud :shock:
Abigyl

Post by Abigyl »

Liz,
Enjoy your vacation.

Don't worry, they'll be OK and I hope we'll see them in few weeks like last year.

Thank you for all your work with the forum and the knowledge you shared with all of us from your experience and your contacts with the professionals around.

Be well! I'm sure we'll meet on the migration too.
I love this part, there is always such a mystery in that season; when we learn about their choices: which way? which destination for the winter ?
I admire their capabilities and skills in making this trip every year :bow:

And now it's time to say... "So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye" :wave:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy9_lfjQopU
Sue

Post by Sue »

So empty nest.... Liz :hi: they really flew before your holiday. I would like to thank you very much for all information and documentation.

Dear Raivis and Rasa, fly high and safely and many happy returns :2thumbsup: :bow:

I wonder what data from Rasa´s transmitter will be received and look forward to following his (her) trip (pity that Raivis has no transmitter it could be interesting to follow siblings).

Liz, have a nice holiday :wave:

I like very much this nest and would like to thank very much also to the team of the people that enable our watching. Also I sent a small donation to Looduskalender and look forward to next season (hoping with Ozols and Zile) :laugh:
Solo

Post by Solo »

I wisch him all strong health, enough food and good luck! We waiting you, Ozols and Zile, back in this nest!
EDIT: Special I wish Rasa and Raivis a safe flight in the south and one day lucky return to nesting in Latvia (maybe).

Btw. Lodz (Poland): BS are at nest (both fly) http://www.lodz.lasy.gov.pl/aktualnosci ... 6Xp5BJw2Iq they are also cute :D
Sue

Post by Sue »

solo :hi: , thanks. Yes, they are also very cute. I also like to watch them :laugh: . :wave:
Solo

Post by Solo »

Sue wrote:solo :hi: , thanks. Yes, they are also very cute. I also like to watch them :laugh: . :wave:
(album in topic Black Stork Nests in Europe)
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

I wish Rasa and Raivis a safe flight in the south. a long life, always enough wind under the wings and enough to eat. One day, a good return to Latvia.
Ozols we will meet again next year with the new Zile :mrgreen:
It was a very nice season. A few very exciting experiences with WTE, the second Female ...

Many Thanks to Looduskalender, for the opportunity, here to document everything.
And a big thanks to the Latvian team that the technique provides. Brachux is my hero. :bow: This camera was excellent, all the time. there were only very short breaks. :2thumbsup:

Thanks to Solo for good support and help. You have a good knowledge of storks :2thumbsup:
Sue, see you in the next year :laugh:

Abigyl and Solo we see us in the migration thread. BTW: M.S. has equipped two sisters with a transmitter.

When I'm home again, I'll make a statistical evaluation about the food and nesting material deliveries.

My internet connection is so lousy, it's incredible
Solo

Post by Solo »

Liz01 wrote: ... Thanks to Solo for good support and help. You have a good knowledge of storks :2thumbsup: ...
Liz, its two-way, TY also very muche :D (and with Baska too)
Sue

Post by Sue »

Liz01 wrote: "Sue, see you in the next year :laugh:

M.S. has equipped two sisters with a transmitter.

When I'm home again, I'll make a statistical evaluation about the food and nesting material deliveries."

Liz, see you :wave:

Oh, two sisters with transmitters - it will be very interesting. Is it possible to read about it somewhere? And will you public your statistics? It will be very interesting to read it.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

August 7

good morning :hi:
empty nest.... it's raining again

Sue :hi:
the latvian Forum members had the honor, to look up names for siblings.
Yesterday there was a meeting of the Forum members. Maris Stradzs was also there.
Once the migration starts, the Storklets in Movebank will be.

here you can find the information. It is latvian language :mrgreen:
http://www.dabasdati.lv/forums/posting. ... 25&p=95584
La Marie wrote:Māris Strazds saka, ka Rasa vakar esot 8 km nolidojusi. Laikam jau prom.
Maris S. says, that Rasa yesterday was 8 km flown. Probably away :cry: :laugh:
Solo

Post by Solo »

Liz01 wrote: ... Yesterday there was a meeting of the Forum members. Maris Stradzs was also there.
Once the migration starts, the Storklets in Movebank will be. Maris S. says, that Rasa yesterday was 8 km flown. Probably away :cry: :laugh:
Good morning Liz,
TY for informing :laugh:
to Rasa: zoologist on Gemenc nest chat wrote: In the coming weeks in radius few kilometers around nest they hunt, preparing for the fall migration. "A következő hetekben a fészek néhány kilométeres körzetében vadásznak, készülnek az őszi vonulásra."
Btw: Liz, saw you yet the sea eagle?
Sue

Post by Sue »

Liz :hi: , I see, many thanks (I will try it through GT :laugh: ).... Rasa 8 km: maybe he/she (but I think he) met with Raivis there :2thumbsup: .

:wave:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Solo
I saw an eagle today. At 7:30. :loveshower: There is a good place, with an old dead tree. Every year they are there. You can see they only, if you know it, that there are sea eagles. And you have to know, when eagles hunt. This is in the morning and late afternoon. Then you are lucky, and you can watch them. With binoculars :mrgreen:

EDIT: I'm sure, that Ozols comes to the nest, to say goodbye to us. Hopefully someone sees it and writes the time. :bow:
he will come soon. maybe tomorrow....
Abigyl

Post by Abigyl »

Liz,

I tried to wait for him but there were heavy rains and I assumed he won't come.

Hope for better weather.

Be well :wave:
Solo

Post by Solo »

Rasa - RAITIS: she is on the way (topics: Migration Maps and news) :loveshower:

Return to “Black Storks”