Looduskalender Will Move from EEnet to a New ServiceProvider

How this Forum Works - Questions and Answers

Moderator: ame

Jo UK
Site Admin

Looduskalender Will Move from EEnet to a New ServiceProvider

Post by Jo UK »

Webmaster has just notified me of a coming change to Looduskalender,
EEnet, which has been our provider for ten years, will end their web service soon.

This means that we shall move to a new service provider . Webmaster will choose a quiet time on the forum and make the switch when he judges the time to be right.

Everything will look the same - all recent data will be preserved.
The Looduskalender webcameras stay with EEnet as they are on a different server. If there is sufficent warning of the switch over, when posting will not be possible, I will post about it.
So, stay with us and be prepared to be patient for a while, if it seems that we are off-line. Like Arnie Shwarzenegger -
"We'll be Back".
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Webmaster will move us to the new server tonight. It may take some hours for everything to be moved.

In fact, it looks as though he has already started!
ame

Post by ame »

the forum work is progressing slowly but it seems that the forum is waking up bit by bit!

patience and good luck! :thumbs:
ame

Post by ame »

April 6

is the forum working yet?

i managed to post when i disabled smilies and denied "parse URLs" (what-ever that is). yes, it works!
click the two boxes under the edit window. then posting is possible. :laugh:
(i added the :laugh: even though i disabled it. one more smilie for the road :mrgreen:)
Michi

Post by Michi »

Hello :wave: ,
the big work is almost done! But until now, it's not completed, I guess?
Will the lost postings and pictures, for example in the Karula Black Stork forum, still added?

Thanks for help with posting, ame! Without disabling smilies and the other point it doesn't work.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

:wave: Michi
The move was rather bumpy!
About the missing posts - I discovered that, if I click on edit, at that post, the complete post is visible. Then click on Disable smilies and also on the Do Not parse url box, then post. It seems to work.
We are still lacking BBcode, but Webmaster is still working at it. Poor man - he has been doing this forum work all day,
Thanks, Kaido
ame

Post by ame »

smilies are working now. :D

just click on the "do not automatically parse URLs"-box. then you'll be able to post at least something, although many things are still missing.
i'm sure they'll be fixed with time. this is a good start.
thank you Kaido!! :bow:

yieks! :shock:
we have new look! :gathering:
Kathy1229

Post by Kathy1229 »

Oh I like this new look...blue is a lovely color. I hope everyone had a mild winter season and I'm really looking forward to the return of our osprey's. See you soon everyone :wave:
There is nothing in which the birds differ more from man than the way in which they can build and yet leave a landscape as it was before.

ROBERT WILSON LYND
Michi

Post by Michi »

Jo UK wrote:
> About the missing posts - I discovered that, if I click on edit, at that
> post, the complete post is visible. Then click on Disable smilies and also
> on the Do Not parse url box, then post. It seems to work.

Thank you, Jo and ame, for your answers.
Jo, I think, you misunderstood me. I mean the old postings in the forum, which are lost. Some are there with text, then the pictures lacks. Some old postings are completely empty; the post is there without any content. This is very noticeable in the Karula BS-Forum, but I've seen it also in the Estonian WTE-Forum, Page 74. It is not all over all the same, there are also postings with pictures.

I don't want to push someone! The men who do all the work, are surely doing their best, and I know we have to be patient. I only want to make you attentive to the described faults, and hope, they will be repaired.

At last: I imploringly hope, the current terrible design of the forum - blue and completely different in view and handling - is only temporary. Looduskalender is green, isn't it? Will we get back the old design in all facets?

If my questions are too early, please ignore them. I then will wait patiently. :wave:
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Michi, are you referrinmg to very old posts? From what date?
If you mean posts in the current topics, then we are discussing the same thing.
Of ourse, when I write Edit, you can edit only your own post. If you refer to much older posts, I haven't looked back that far, yet.
Hellem

Post by Hellem »

:hi: Jo, yes, I checked the Karula BS 2018 postings and there are missing many posts - they are empty, as Michi wrote :nod:

EDIT: at 1:12 I checked again and now all is OK, we have to be more patient :blush:
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Thanks, Hellem. I know about those! I have edited some of them but by no means, all.
We are missing BBCode. I dare not change that setting in case Webmaster has other plans. Tomorrow will tell us more.
Michi

Post by Michi »

Jo, I meant quite new posts, only some days old. They were in the Estonian WTE-Forum 2018, Page 74. There were empty posts from ame, Liz01, laranjeiras and two or three more. The other topic was the Black Stork-Forum Karula 2018, postings from April 5th.

But in the meantime the things there have changed. Missed postings and pictures are now all present, I think. Also videos, which are missed, are there.
So all seems to be o.k. The experts are probably still working that things went well.
Thank you for your patience, Jo! :D
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Each time we look at it, it is different! Yes, I changed some empty posts but there were many more.

It is bedtime now, and I see that Webmaster is still working. Tomorrow will be different again.
Good night. :offtobed:
Michi

Post by Michi »

Jo UK wrote: April 7th, 2018, 1:41 am Each time we look at it, it is different!
It is, indeed! Now it's beautiful green! :D The font is fine and - important - the quotes are as they were before! Good recognizable and clearly arranged!
As Hellem has said, we have to be more patient. :blush:
Thank you very much for all the work! :2thumbsup:

Have a good night, Jo and all!
Kathy1229

Post by Kathy1229 »

So, the blue was a temporary color....and this is a beautiful green....I like it very much.. :D
There is nothing in which the birds differ more from man than the way in which they can build and yet leave a landscape as it was before.

ROBERT WILSON LYND
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Thank you for the lot of work to put everything into a nice new coat. :2thumbsup:

Also the members list works again.

Top left below the photo next to faq ( Quick links) is a nice menu and convenient
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Jo, ame and everyone who worked so hard yesterday to make the forum available! Thanks alot! :bow: A beautiful spring day, sacrificed for us, so that we can continue to read and write here.You are great :headroll:

For me it is not new, it now looks like the Latvian forum (it was also changed) :laugh:
Bawet

Post by Bawet »

:hi:

Thank you for your work and the new forum.
Malewitsch

Post by Malewitsch »

Thank you so much webmasters for a great work

creating this new beautiful web site :slap:

Return to “Questions and Help”