Looduskalender Will Move from EEnet to a New ServiceProvider

How this Forum Works - Questions and Answers

Moderator: ame

mogga

Re: Looduskalender Will Move from EEnet to a New ServiceProvider

Post by mogga »

I will forget how to type the words 'looduskalender' and 'green' in this new forum, I suspect... :unsure: :puzzled:
ame

Post by ame »

mogga :hi:
those answers are not new. they were asked upon logging in also with the old forum. that happened when one had reopened the internet connection, like after booting the receiver. if the connection was open all the time after the last log-out then the question was/is not asked.
it's a simple question and i'm sure that you will remember how to answer. :laugh:
mogga

Post by mogga »

ame :hi:

It was only a joke. :D

With the old forum I had to answer these questions in the case that you explained. I think, maybe it was to differentiate between bots and real persons or something like that.
In this new forum I don't have to answer any questions so far.

By the way: I like the new appearance very much. :laugh: 8-)
ame

Post by ame »

that's what i suspected: a joke. 8-)
i 'knew' that you must be young enough to learn old/new tricks (judging by your avatar). :mrgreen:

i guess that for regular members the forum works rather well already now but there are still some unsolved problems remaining. i hope they don't cause trouble to you. the new outlook is nice as soon one gets used to it. i think that all the old tricks are somewhere but probably in new places with new colours, like the log-out button. (i'm lucky with my special forget-me-not-colour, i can see the text quite well. ... edit: now i see that all regular members also have the same colour. :puzzled: )
it just takes some time to get used to this new outlook and find things in their new places. 8-)
Hagnat

Post by Hagnat »

The titles of the topics in the posts are too big to my taste. They distract from the content. The emphasis is also unnecessary because the titles are already big on the top of the page. No deed to be fat.

Better is that it is now possible to go directly to the post a quote refers to. In the old forum I never found a way to do that.
Trine

Post by Trine »

Hagnat wrote: April 8th, 2018, 12:17 pm The titles of the topics in the posts are too big to my taste. They distract from the content. The emphasis is also unnecessary because the titles are already big on the top of the page. No deed to be fat.
I agree. The titles are particularly dominating and distracting in case of short posts (with no pictures).
mogga

Post by mogga »

Hagnat and Trine:

I also agree.
The topic title in every single post (especially so dominant) interrupts the reading-flow and makes it uncomfortable.
aquiline

Post by aquiline »

I also agree. There is no need to show the topic title in every post. This is a waste of space. By the end of the seasons our blackstork topic will reach 500 pages. However I doubt whether we can influence the design.

I like getting at once to the Forum when opening Looduskalender :thumbs:
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

I would like to get back a possibility to go into a quote text without quoting further on from there - I miss the "cancel" mode, when you have come in to the quote, but don't want to quote just there but in another post.

Now I do it so:
- I switch to "quote"
- copy the text I wish to quote,
- quit and
- go back to the forum thread
- open Post Replay on a new window
... and paste my quoted/copied text.

I wish I could do the same this way:
- "quote" the text
- CANCEL the quoting without publishing there
- go back to the post I wish to add the quote in
- paste the quote

This was possible in the old system, there was a possibility to "cancel" from quoting view. Now it is not possible.
Michi

Post by Michi »

mogga wrote: April 8th, 2018, 10:33 pm The topic title in every single post (especially so dominant) interrupts the reading-flow and makes it uncomfortable.
I fully agree with you all. The titles are too big in my opinion. There is no need to have them in such big and fat letters above every posting. They disturb the reading-flow and are distracting. This leads to an uncomfortable reading, as Mogga has said.
The titles can be in a font that is half so big as now, and should not be in bold type.

It would be great if there is a possibility to change the titles.
Michi

Post by Michi »

Owlie wrote: April 8th, 2018, 11:59 pm ....
I miss the "cancel" mode, when you have come in to the quote, but don't want to quote just there but in another post. .....
I want to support also this point. When you write a posting, there are now the buttons "Save draft", "Preview" and "Submit". In the old forum was also a button "Cancel". As you certainly know, this button is needed, when you change your mind and don't want to submit this posting. Also of course for things Owlie has described.
Maybe it is possible to add the cancel-button.
ame

Post by ame »

i see that many posts in other topics have dealt with the forum changes, without having anything to say about the topic of the particular thread itself. may i suggest that from now on these forum-change comments and wishes will be posted here instead of other topics. here they will be in one place and it will be easy to find them.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=925

there are still some big problems within the forum which have to be solved first. that will take probably many days. all small details in the forum outlook will have to wait till the big issues are solved.

after the big issues have been solved it will be easier to start mending the smaller things if they can be found in one place. fortunately the big problems don't disturb regular members from posting news from nests. please try to adapt to this non-perfect state in which the forum is in this new beginning.
ame

Post by ame »

Michi wrote: April 9th, 2018, 1:11 am I want to support also this point. When you write a posting, there are now the buttons "Save draft", "Preview" and "Submit". In the old forum was also a button "Cancel". As you certainly know, this button is needed, when you change your mind and don't want to submit this posting. Also of course for things Owlie has described.
Maybe it is possible to add the cancel-button.
you can always delete your own post after submitting if no-one else has posted anything after you. i haven't tried it but i think that should still work as it used to. maybe one of you could try it and tell if it worked?

if someone else has posted after you and you wish to get your post removed you can ask anyone of the admins or moderators to remove your post.
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

ame wrote: April 9th, 2018, 10:04 am you can always delete your own post after submitting if no-one else has posted anything after you. i haven't tried it but i think that should still work as it used to. maybe one of you could try it and tell if it worked?

if someone else has posted after you and you wish to get your post removed you can ask anyone of the admins or moderators to remove your post.
That was not really the point of "cancel" button - Michi and I meant that there should be a possibility to "regret" quoting, when you start quoting, but change your mind. We would like to return to the thread with that "cancel" button - now you have to go to board index, if you regret your opened quote.
ame

Post by ame »

i'm not quite sure if i understand you Owlie... :puzzled:
why don't your remove the quoted text from your post? isn't that possible?
ame

Post by ame »

this is a test if i can remove the quoted text.

yes, it is possible. i first pressed "-button on Owlie's post, the window with her text opened, i deleted the quoted text and this is the result.

besides i found out one way to cancel the 'quote': click the "go back one page"-button on your browser. that will also cancel your post independent of what it contained.
Solo

Post by Solo »

ame wrote: April 9th, 2018, 12:52 pm this is a test if i can remove the quoted text. yes, it is possible. i first pressed " on Owlie's post, the window with her text opened, i deleted it and this is the result. besides i found out one way to cancel the 'quote': click the "go back one page"-button on your browser. that will also cancel your post independent of what it contained.
new post: click simply on Post reply - down (that is without quoted text)
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

ame wrote: April 9th, 2018, 12:52 pm this is a test if i can remove the quoted text.

yes, it is possible. i first pressed "-button on Owlie's post, the window with her text opened, i deleted the quoted text and this is the result.

besides i found out one way to cancel the 'quote': click the "go back one page"-button on your browser. that will also cancel your post independent of what it contained.
Ok, that is true: one can return with the browser return button. I also notice that you don't need to go back to any index page, but you can return from the thread link above the post window. So actually the cancel button is unnecessary (even if it did exist in the old vesion). :nod:
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

We are still working on the various functions which seem to have been in disorder, since we landed here.
If anyone finds that a usual function is missing, or not working as expected, please write about it here.
It could be that this forum is slightly different and there may be things which we can't change. Or it may be that we haven't reached that area yet.
Biker

Post by Biker »

a not meant seriously question: where was this topic viewforum.php?f=59&sid=c63db1ee98113f1450dadb7191147065 hidden the whole time??? :D
since 8 years, i read here, and take part since the year 2015: I never saw it. the page conversion brought it to light for me.
really nice posts there :thumbs:

confusing: when i logged in, i get the notification:

Information
You cannot read posts in this forum.

i suppose now: it was hidden and it should not be visible for all? :puzzled: (it is all in estonian)
is the current visibility the actual problem :puzzled:

really nice posts there :thumbs:
i can only see it when i'm not logged in.
*Please don't feed the trolls!*

Return to “Questions and Help”