Estonian Osprey Nest (Ivo & Iiris) 2022

Triin

Re: Estonian Osprey Nest (Ivo & Iiris) 2022

Post by Triin »

The camera is under maintenance. Don't know what's broken, but hope for the best.
sova

Post by sova »

Bea wrote: April 17th, 2023, 3:44 pm

Hello Osprey fans :hi:

Just few hours ago I got some news, but they sound only so-so ...

Urmas wrote that ospreys are late and kalakotkas2 cam has technical problems, a new sensor is ordered, but has not arrived yet.

Kalakotkas1 cam is not streaming (yet?), but in a video saving mode. No ospreys on the nest, only one short visit from an osprey noticed until now.

Urmas´ resume was: "Will see how it goes"

That´s all what can be said currently ... Image
Triin wrote: April 4th, 2024, 11:12 pm The camera is under maintenance. Don't know what's broken, but hope for the best.

...just be patient, it'll be fine...
Sappheira

Post by Sappheira »

Dear owners of the YouTube channel Kotkaklubi, please tell us whether there are plans to stream from osprey nests this season?
mogga

Post by mogga »

Hello dear Osprey friends :wave:

Sappheira wrote: April 10th, 2024, 10:41 am Dear owners of the YouTube channel Kotkaklubi, please tell us whether there are plans to stream from osprey nests this season?
That would be nice and very welcome.

Of course the cameras are not just for the "entertainment of the public", but also for research purposes. Is it possible that the research has been completed for the moment and therefore the ospreys are no longer so much in the spotlight?

This is of course unfortunate for all the osprey fans who have turned out over the years.

It would be really great, if that is the case, if someone would say:
"We're sorry, the osprey cameras are no longer available. Thank you for your interest and loyalty over the years."
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

sova and all :hi: I wish you a great season :2thumbsup:

the Link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIYqXHYz_bQ

video
Pennies

Post by Pennies »

@Kotkaklubi

I have followed this nest since 2013 every season and have been more than disappointed that the cam has been ignored. Past few years have been successful and the parents frequently the same - so why take away us the pleasure to follow the family? I am sure there are more followers who are not active on the forum but follow the camera. So please, let us see how this nest is developing! Please. :bow: :bow: :bow:
mogga

Post by mogga »

Dear Kotkaklubi,
allow me to give you two examples of how popular the Ivo-Iiris nest is:

I show two screenshots here. One shows the number of views of a video from 2020 on youtube by @Liz01, it is: 2862. The other shows the views of a video from 2019 on my channel: it's: 1045.

If there is any way to resume the transmission, that would be wonderful. :bow:

Pennies

Post by Pennies »

Is it so that Kotkaklubi prefers to invest in empty nest cams instead of those that have succeeded with nestings for many years?
Bea

Post by Bea »

Finally technical problems could be solved and the cam is online - new topic is opened

viewtopic.php?p=924874#p924874

See you there!! :wave:
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)

Return to “Osprey Webcam Forum”