Beginning March 5th
, 2009, the life of a white-tailed eagle pair in their nest in the county of Läänemaa, Estonia, can be watched on the web. The camera was set in position already in January by Kotkaklubi
(Eagle Club) and Looduskalender in co-operation, to avoid disturbing the birds in their home later, but setting up the radio transmission link took some time. EENet
arrange the transmission of the image from the web camera, a Mobotix
camera at the nest. The whole local system is supplied with energy from solar panels.
NB! To see the video in full-screen mode double-click on the window in Media Player. If direct-stream viewing does not work try the web player
that allows you to follow the camera images directly in the web browser.
Many fantastic people and enterprises help in opening the nest life of the white-tailed eagles to viewers, for instance:
- Camera - Mobotix (Estonian representative - Beta Grupp OÜ);
- Aerials (MikroTik), cables and other requisites - Kernel AS;
- Mobile tower for radio link - Elisa;
- Signal transmission from Elisa tower to EENet server - Televõrgu AS;
- Stream multiplication (up to 1800 simultaneous viewers) - EENet;
... and many others.
Nest with snow in winter.
Getting the camera in position.